On this date in 1997, the Expos retired Andre Dawson's uniform number 10 prior to their game with Atlanta at Olympic Stadium. During his eleven-year tenure with Montreal, the future Hall of Fame outfielder once set the single-season club records for home runs (32), RBIs (113), and extra base hits (78). Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- MLB Injury News talks Matt Harvey and the innings limit.
- Puckett's Pond goes point/counterpoint on Glen Perkins.
- I R Fast breaks down Domonic Brown's 2013.
- A's Farm caught up with some of Oakland's top prospects.
- Replacement Level Red Sox makes the case for Nomar Garciaparra in Cooperstown.
- Talkin Sox With Dan defends John Lackey.
- Phoul Ballz interviewed Phillies outfield prospect Carlos Tocci.
- MLB Reports says Chris Davis and Manny Machado are poised for a big second half.
- Monkey With A Halo says the Angels need Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez.
- Baseball News Source looks at relievers that could be available after the deadline.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if David Price's injury means that he'll be in Tampa Bay next season.
- The Giants Cove examines four myths surrounding San Francisco.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.