On this date last year, Starling Marte homered on the very first pitch he saw in the major leagues when he went yard to deep left-center field at Minute Maid Park off the Astros' Dallas Keuchel. The left fielder was the first Bucs player to hit a home run in his first big league at-bat since Don Leppert accomplished the feat in 1961. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Prospect Insider runs down the rookies of the half-year.
- Puckett's Pond wants the Twins to hang on to Justin Morneau.
- Kings Of Kauffman looks at what Ervin Santana might bring the Royals in a trade.
- Royal Revival says there are six potential outcomes to the Santana saga.
- Pinstripe Pundits looks at Trevor Plouffe as a trade target for the Bombers.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports has an idea for Tim Lincecum.
- I R Fast breaks down Anthony Ranuado's Pitch F/X data from the Futures Game.
- MLB Reports says the Pirates should at least go for a reliever.
- Baseball Hot Corner has ten Blue Jays that could be on the block.
- Bless You Boys argues that the Tigers could be the biggest losers of the Biogenesis scandal.
- Brew Crew Ball examines Major League Baseball's drug policy.
- MLB Injury News wonders if the Nats can get back on track.
- The Hardball Times explains why Ryan Braun didn't appeal his suspension.
- Through The Fence Baseball talks Chris Davis.
- Inside The Zona looks at options for the D'Backs bullpen.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at [email protected].