On this date in 2004, the Cardinals announced that their new ballpark scheduled to open two years later will also be known as Busch Stadium, continuing a tradition over a half a century old, In 1953, a month after Anheuser-Busch purchased the Cardinals, the brewery bought Sportsman's Park renaming it Busch Stadium and then kept the name in its new downtown stadium which opened in 1966 calling the facility Busch Memorial Stadium. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Inside The Zona reflects on the Dan Haren deal.
- Rays Colored Glasses praises the Jesse Crain deal.
- Halos Heaven brings us a feature on the Grant Green trade.
- The Shea Faithful looks at why the Mets held on to Marlon Byrd.
- A's Farm scans the minors in Oakland.
- I R Fast weighs in on pitch sequencing.
- Replacement Level Sox looks back at a fight to remember.
- i70 Baseball asks what should be done with Wade Davis.
- Lasorda's Lair talked with Ron Roenicke.
- Baseball Stooges talks risk and reward.
- Kings of Kauffmann is skeptical about the Royals.
- The Giants Cove breaks down a quiet deadline in San Fran.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at [email protected].