With one full day of the WInter Meetings in the books, let's get caught up on everything that went down..
- Roy Halladay is retiring from baseball.
- The Marlins inked Garrett Jones to a two-year, $7.75MM deal.
- The White Sox signed right-hander Felipe Paulino.
- The Indians signed David Cooper to a big league deal.
- The Mets made their signing of Curtis Granderson official.
- Mark Prior officially retired and he may join the Padres' front office.
- The Marlins officially announced the signing of catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
- The Astros released Eric Thames so that he can pursue an opportunity in Korea.
- The Marlins are telling teams they will trade Logan Morrison shortly. A number of clubs have been connected to the 26-year-old.
- The Yankees and Braves are among the teams that have shown interest in Cubs pitcher Jeff Samardzija. One report indicates that it's unlikely that he'll end up in Atlanta, however.
- A possible deal between the Blue Jays and Rangers hit a snag.
- The Mariners, Rangers, and Dodgers are the three most serious suitors for Rays ace David Price at this time. The M's believe that they could land Price if they were willing to include Taijuan Walker, but they're not willing to part with him at this time.
- The Mets are exploring trades involving Ike Davis and Daniel Murphy.
- The Twins are making a push for Bronson Arroyo. The Pirates also scheduled a meeting with Arroyo's agent.
- Chances of a Mark Trumbo trade are increasing and a dozen teams are in on the Angels slugger.
- The Nationals are eyeing J.P. Howell and Scott Downs.
- The Twins are in on Rajai Davis but the Orioles are out. He's nearing a deal with someone, but we don't know who just yet.
- If Masahiro Tanaka wants to make the jump to MLB, the Rakuten Golden Eagles may simply honor his wishes.
- The Indians are open to fielding Justin Masterson trade pitches.
- The Mets have kicked the tires on Chris Perez.
- The Orioles checked in on the availability of Ethier and fellow Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp, but there were issues with the amount of salary that the Dodgers were willing to absorb.
- Shin-Soo Choo talks are reaching a critical stage with the Rangers and D'Backs among the clubs in the mix.
- The Pirates approached the Jays about Adam Lind, but talks quickly fizzled when Toronto countered by asking about Neil Walker.
- Astros starter Lucas Harrell is drawing some trade interest.
- The Red Sox feel like they have a good chance of retaining Stephen Drew since his market hasn't developed as he might have hoped.
- The Padres have interest in Scott Downs, among other southpaw relievers.
- Jamey Wright is choosing between the Rays and Dodgers.
- The Phillies are actively shopping Domonic Brown.
- The Orioles aren't expected to go after a high-priced starter.
- The Mets have had internal discussions regarding Cesar Izturis and plan to meet with his agent in the coming days. They're also unlikely to sign Bartolo Colon or Bronson Arroyo.
- The Orioles met with Nelson Cruz, who is also a possible fit for the Mariners and Rangers. The Rangers are comfortable with having Cruz back on a two-year deal, he wants three.
- The Tigers are talking to free agents but GM Dave Dombrowski says they aren't in on the "big, big ones:.
- The Nationals may or may not be shopping Danny Espinosa, depending on who you ask.
- The Giants like Brett Gardner of the Yankees but a deal doesn't seem likely.
- The Indians, who are in the market for a closer, have spoken to Grant Balfour.
- The Cubs are looking to the trade market in their search for relievers and have eyed both Tyler Clippard and Drew Storen of the Nationals.
- The Indians and Orioles have interest in Jason Hammel. MLBTR's Tim Dierkes learned that a dozen teams are in the mix.
- The Brewers are making Corey Hart a priority.
- The Rangers are still open to dealing Elvis Andrus even after trading Ian Kinsler, but it's a longshot.
- The White Sox are looking to move a starter.
- The Orioles are one of many teams with some interest in Johan Santana.
- Matt Kemp probably won't be headed to the Red Sox, the Dodgers remain in discussions with four teams on trade possibilities involving him or Andre Ethier,
- The Rockies want a reliever and they've shifted their focus from the free agent market to the trade market.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Chase Headley Extension Remains Unlikely NL Notes: Medlen, Cubs, Padres, Rockies Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Ervin Santana Rumors: Sunday Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez AL Notes: Santana, O's, Porcello, Masterson, Rangers White Sox, Mariners Have Discussed Viciedo Deal Week In Review: 3/2/14 - 3/8/14 Cafardo On Stanton, De Aza, Porcello, Drew, Britton Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Orioles, Barnes, D'Backs Quick Hits: Astros, Beltran, Orioles Quick Hits: Red Sox, Pirates, A's West Notes: Giants, Rangers, A's East Notes: Red Sox, Mets, Jays Blue Jays, Orioles In Play For Ervin Santana
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors