On this date in 1989, The rules initiated during the '88 season to make balk calls more uniform throughout baseball were rescinded and replaced by the pre-1988 rules. The wording change from 'a complete stop' to 'a single complete and discernible stop, with both feet on the ground' had caused umpires to call an unprecedented amount of balks in both the American and National League. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- DRaysBay maps out a David Price extension.
- Pinstripe Pundits asks if Masahiro Tanaka's deal is fair value.
- Camden Depot looks at the Orioles' situation in left field and at DH.
- The Shea Faithful votes for Mitchell Boggs.
- Kevin Says breaks down the Rays-Padres deal.
- Inside The Zona says it's time for the D'Backs to plant their flag in Australia.
- Baseball Hot Corner spoke with Tony Rasmus and talked about baseball in the family.
- Outside Pitch discusses Sammy Solis' upcoming spring training.
- Yanks Beat Blog says the Bombers' rotation is shaping up nicely.
- Rays Colored Glasses likes the trade for Tampa Bay.
- Baseball News Source looks at clubs that can turn it around in 2014.
- Blue Jay Hunter says it's time to dump the five-year policy.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, send it to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.