On this date in 1989, the rules put in place during the 1988 season to make balk calls more uniform throughout baseball were rescinded and replaced by the pre-1988 rules. The wording change led to an unprecedented amount of balk calls in both leagues. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- DRaysBay maps out a David Price extension.
- Pinstripe Pundits asks if Masahiro Tanaka‘s deal is fair value.
- Camden Depot looks at the Orioles’ situation in left field and at DH.
- The Shea Faithful votes for Mitchell Boggs.
- Kevin Says breaks down the Rays-Padres deal.
- Inside The Zona says it’s time for the D’Backs to plant their flag in Australia.
- Baseball Hot Corner spoke with Tony Rasmus and talked about baseball in the family.
- Outside Pitch discusses Sammy Solis‘ upcoming spring training.
- Yanks Beat Blog says the Bombers’ rotation is shaping up nicely.
- Rays Colored Glasses likes the trade for Tampa Bay.
- Baseball News Source looks at clubs that can turn it around in 2014.
- Blue Jay Hunter says it’s time to dump the five-year policy.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, send it to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.