On this date in 2005, wearing their regular-season home uniforms instead of the traditional batting-practice spring training jerseys, the Nationals in their first game ever beat the Mets in the exhibition opener at Space Coast Stadium in Viera, Florida, 5-3. The first and last games the Expos played, before moving from Montreal to Washington to become the Nats, were also against Mets. This week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Lasorda's Lair spoke with Dodgers GM Ned Colletti.
- Blue Jays Plus wonders if Maicer Izturis can bounce back in 2014.
- Inside The Zona talks Gerardo Parra's new batting stance.
- The Beanball discusses Brett Gardner's new deal.
- Hidden Vigorish says the Bucs' starting pitching depth will be tested.
- Outside Pitch sizes up the Astros' closer options.
- Camden Depot runs down Nelson Cruz's red flags.
- The Shea Faithful wonders if clubs have changed the way they evaluate outfielders.
- Baseball News Source looks at five pitchers who are bounceback candidates.
- Reviewing The Brew has five thoughts as we head into March.
- MLB Reports looks into which managers are on the hot seat in 2014.
- Rays Colored Glasses examines the trade that almost was.
- i70 Baseball says Billy Butler is the key in KC.
- Blogging Mets backs the Kiner's Korner movement.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.