On this date in 2005, the Nationals in their first game ever beat the Mets in the exhibition opener. Interestingly enough, the first and last games the Expos played were also against Mets. This week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Lasorda’s Lair spoke with Dodgers GM Ned Colletti.
- Blue Jays Plus wonders if Maicer Izturis can bounce back in 2014.
- Inside The Zona talks Gerardo Parra‘s new batting stance.
- The Beanball discusses Brett Gardner‘s new deal.
- Hidden Vigorish says the Bucs’ starting pitching depth will be tested.
- Outside Pitch sizes up the Astros’ closer options.
- Camden Depot runs down Nelson Cruz‘s red flags.
- The Shea Faithful wonders if clubs have changed the way they evaluate outfielders.
- Baseball News Source looks at five pitchers who are bounceback candidates.
- Reviewing The Brew has five thoughts as we head into March.
- MLB Reports looks into which managers are on the hot seat in 2014.
- Rays Colored Glasses examines the trade that almost was.
- i70 Baseball says Billy Butler is the key in KC.
- Blogging Mets backs the Kiner’s Korner movement.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.