On this date in 2005, Yankees owner George Steinbrenner joined Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Governor George Pataki, and team officials to announce plans for a new ballpark in the Bronx. The Yankee-financed $800MM facility seats north of 50K was heavily influenced by ‘The House that Ruth Built” including limestone walls and the familiar copper frieze. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Redbird Rants spoke with the authors of “Hits and Misses in the Baseball Draft.”
- Inside The Zona looks at potential trade targets for the D’Backs.
- Rays Colored Glasses looks at Tampa Bay’s entire draft class.
- Camden Depot tries to figure out what to do with Nick Markakis.
- Blue Jays Plus looks at a showdown between Trevor Plouffe & Dustin McGowan.
- Call To The Pen examines David Wright‘s power outage.
- Red Sox Ramblings isn’t wild about Andres Torres.
- NatsGM sat down with Brian Bannister.
- NL Theory breaks down the work of Dodgers GM Ned Colletti.
- Sports Rumor Alert has an aggressive idea for the Cubs.
- Grading On The Curve talks Steven Souza.
- Royals Blue remembers the time that KC drafted two legendary quarterbacks.
- Yanks Beat Blog appreciates Chase Whitley.
- FanDuel looks at fantasy stud Masahiro Tanaka.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.