Weekly email list
- Braves Working On Alberto Callaspo Trade
- Orioles Agree To Deal With Ariel Miranda
- Right-Hander Norge Ruiz Leaves Cuba, Will Seek Deal With MLB Club
- Smyly Will Not Have Surgery, Is Confident He Can Pitch In 2015
- Hyun-jin Ryu Undergoes Season-Ending Shoulder Surgery
- 2016 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Hyun-jin Ryu To Undergo Shoulder Surgery
- Mariners Acquire Welington Castillo From Cubs For Yoervis Medina
- Bruce Chen Announces Retirement
- Red Sox Outright Allen Craig
Trade Rumors Apps
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- NL Notes: Liz, Urena, Anderson
- Braves Working On Alberto Callaspo Trade
- NL West Notes: Dodgers, Gaudin, JJ, Morrow, Myers
- Free Agent Stock Watch: Howie Kendrick
- Minor Moves: Paterson, Nash, Parker, Cerse, Bell, Ryan
- Mets Notes: Trades, Wright
- Pirates Designate Radhames Liz For Assignment
- Draft Notes: Seniors, Royals, Red Sox, Trout
- Giants Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment
- Reds Notes: Cueto, Marshall, Mesoraco
- AL East Links: Matusz, Tanaka, Arencibia
- Cubs Notes: Baez, Russell, Schwarber
- NL Notes: Price, Mets, Cubs, Frias, Upton
- AL East Notes: Lindgren, Red Sox, Blue Jays
- MLBTR Originals
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Adam Eaton Rumors
Here's some links to check out while you hope the weather doesn't interfere with Game Two of the ALCS tonight…
- Byron Kerr of MASNSports.com has the details on Stephen Strasburg's Arizona Fall League debut last night. ESPN's Keith Law also filled us in on some of the more impressive prospects playing out in the desert this year.
- According to Kyodo News, Yusei Kikuchi "said on Saturday all 12 Japanese baseball clubs would be appealing, if he decides to play in Japan." Never a bad thing to keep your options open.
- USA Today's Bob Nightengale says the Rangers will ask for one final bid next month, and "are expected to be sold for about $525 to $550 million."
- Courtesy of Baseball America's latest minor league transactions, you can add about two-dozen players to the free agent pool. Among the notables: Billy Traber, Tony Graffanino, Adam Eaton, and Wilfredo Ledezma.
According to MLB.com, the Rockies designated right-hander Adam Eaton for assignment in order to clear 40-man roster space for infielder Mike McCoy.
Eaton, 31, posted a 5.63 ERA in eight innings of relief for the Rockies back in August shortly after inking a minor league deal. He was also released by the Orioles earlier this season and will finish the 2009 campaign with an 8.08 ERA in 49 innings (eight starts).
Eaton, 32, posted an ugly 8.56 ERA and 28/19 K/BB ratio for the O's in 41.1 innings before being cut. He'll slide in to provide depth at Triple-A Colorado Springs after the Rockies' recent promotion of Josh Fogg.
4:22pm: According to the Baltimore Sun it's official- Eaton's been released. As the Sun points out, Eaton only completed five innings in two of his eight starts this year. Albers will get the call to join the O's.
3:34pm: As Roch Kubatko of MASN Sports reports, the Orioles will relase Adam Eaton. This has yet to be confirmed by the Orioles.
Kubatko believes the O's will call up Matt Albers to serve as a long reliever, but he doesn't know who will take Eaton's rotation spot.
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports has a new column…
- The Angels attempted to sell the Reds on Gary Matthews Jr., but it was a one-sided discussion. The Reds have no desire to trade Bronson Arroyo or Aaron Harang for Matthews. Angels GM Tony Reagins told Rosenthal, "We haven't had much discussions with respect to trades and trade possibilities." UPDATE: Reds GM Walt Jocketty told John Fay he hasn't talked to the Angels since the Winter Meetings.
- Free agent DH Frank Thomas is still waiting for an offer. He intends to delay a decision about retirement until at least the All-Star break. My thought – his situation just got a bit tougher with Gary Sheffield becoming available.
- Rosenthal says the Rays could keep both Jason Hammel and Jeff Niemann and cut Lance Cormier, if trade offers for the first two aren't acceptable. Rosenthal adds the Rangers, Nationals, and Indians to the already known suitors (Padres, Pirates, and Rockies). He names the Brewers as "yet another possibility." Rosenthal says the Angels attempted to acquire Niemann a year ago but learned from Reagins that they're not actively looking for pitching.
- The Phillies ate Adam Eaton's contract, but team president David Montgomery is unwilling to do the same to make Geoff Jenkins go away.
- Rosenthal says the offers received for Rockies infielder Jeff Baker "have not been enticing." They may elect to keep him.
Scott Lauber of the Wilmington News Journal adds that Eaton, who cleared waivers, will only cost the O’s $400K if he makes the club. The Phillies are responsible for the rest of the $8.65MM owed to Eaton.
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, the Phillies have released right-hander Adam Eaton.
Eaion went 14-18 with a 6.10 ERA over 49 starts after inking a three-year, $24.5MM contract before the 2007 season. He would’ve struggled to crack the starting rotation this season, but the Phils are still on the hook for the more than $8.5MM remaining on his current deal.
Scott Lauber of The News Journal spoke to Phillies pitcher Adam Eaton, who is "without question, the elephant in the clubhouse." Eaton is owed $9MM, and the Phillies don’t see him as a contender for a rotation spot given his 6.10 ERA with the team.
Eaton says he’s not going to accept another assignment to the minors. The Phillies may have to release him and eat his salary.
Links for Monday…
- Yankees and Red Sox fans are dreaming of Joe Mauer, whose contract is up after the 2010 season.
- Updated June draft order, courtesy of Baseball America.
- The Braves signed a Japanese amateur pitcher named Yoshinori Yamarin to a minor league deal.
- Adam Eaton is not a candidate for the Phillies’ fifth starter job, and they’ll probably release him and eat his contract if they can’t trade him.
- MLB.com made a nice addition in Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki.
- Arbitration hearing dates are set for Paul Maholm and Nate McLouth.
- Jim Salisbury writes about Tal Smith, who prepares arbitration cases for clubs.
- Garrett Atkins comments on his arbitration request and his future with the Rockies.
- The Reds voided the contract of 16 year-old Venezuelan pitcher Ismael Guillon and re-signed him for less due to a problem found during his physical.
- Athletics Nation talked to MLB.com beat writer Mychael Urban.
- David O’Brien chatted with unsigned reliever Will Ohman.
- Orioles infielder Oscar Salazar cleared waivers.
According to Gerry Fraley, the Phillies are looking to trade starter Adam Eaton. They’ll pay all but $1MM of his $9MM salary for ’09 and don’t want anything in return.