Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins Acquire Martin Prado From Yankees
- Padres Acquire Derek Norris
- Padres, Rays, Nationals Agree To Wil Myers Trade
- Royals To Sign Edinson Volquez
- Indians Sign Gavin Floyd
- Angels, Rays Swap Kevin Jepsen, Matt Joyce
- Marlins To Sign Michael Morse
- Royals To Sign Alex Rios
- Dodgers To Sign Brett Anderson
- Yankees Sign Chase Headley
- Astros Sign Jed Lowrie
- White Sox To Sign Melky Cabrera
- Red Sox Acquire Wade Miley
- Twins Sign Ervin Santana
- Red Sox Sign Justin Masterson
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Minor Moves: Lindblom, Rowen, Minicozzi
- East Notes: Phillies, McGehee, Eovaldi, Mets, Yankees
- AL East Notes: Duquette, Hundley, Rays
- Indians Sign Scott Downs
- NL East Notes: Howard, Turner, Tulowitzki
- West Notes: Beachy, Padres, Dodgers
- Giants Acquire Casey McGehee
- Nexen Accepts Jung-ho Kang Posting Fee From Unknown MLB Team
- Week In Review: 12/13/14 – 12/19/14
- NL Notes: Friedman, Utley, Turner, Gattis, Kang, Furcal
- Royals Release Carlos Peguero
- Padres, Red Sox Swap Hanigan, Middlebrooks
- Dodgers Release Brian Wilson
- Red Sox To Re-Sign Craig Breslow
- Latest On Troy Tulowitzki
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Adam Eaton Rumors
Eaton, 32, posted an ugly 8.56 ERA and 28/19 K/BB ratio for the O's in 41.1 innings before being cut. He'll slide in to provide depth at Triple-A Colorado Springs after the Rockies' recent promotion of Josh Fogg.
4:22pm: According to the Baltimore Sun it's official- Eaton's been released. As the Sun points out, Eaton only completed five innings in two of his eight starts this year. Albers will get the call to join the O's.
3:34pm: As Roch Kubatko of MASN Sports reports, the Orioles will relase Adam Eaton. This has yet to be confirmed by the Orioles.
Kubatko believes the O's will call up Matt Albers to serve as a long reliever, but he doesn't know who will take Eaton's rotation spot.
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports has a new column…
- The Angels attempted to sell the Reds on Gary Matthews Jr., but it was a one-sided discussion. The Reds have no desire to trade Bronson Arroyo or Aaron Harang for Matthews. Angels GM Tony Reagins told Rosenthal, "We haven't had much discussions with respect to trades and trade possibilities." UPDATE: Reds GM Walt Jocketty told John Fay he hasn't talked to the Angels since the Winter Meetings.
- Free agent DH Frank Thomas is still waiting for an offer. He intends to delay a decision about retirement until at least the All-Star break. My thought – his situation just got a bit tougher with Gary Sheffield becoming available.
- Rosenthal says the Rays could keep both Jason Hammel and Jeff Niemann and cut Lance Cormier, if trade offers for the first two aren't acceptable. Rosenthal adds the Rangers, Nationals, and Indians to the already known suitors (Padres, Pirates, and Rockies). He names the Brewers as "yet another possibility." Rosenthal says the Angels attempted to acquire Niemann a year ago but learned from Reagins that they're not actively looking for pitching.
- The Phillies ate Adam Eaton's contract, but team president David Montgomery is unwilling to do the same to make Geoff Jenkins go away.
- Rosenthal says the offers received for Rockies infielder Jeff Baker "have not been enticing." They may elect to keep him.
Scott Lauber of the Wilmington News Journal adds that Eaton, who cleared waivers, will only cost the O’s $400K if he makes the club. The Phillies are responsible for the rest of the $8.65MM owed to Eaton.
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, the Phillies have released right-hander Adam Eaton.
Eaion went 14-18 with a 6.10 ERA over 49 starts after inking a three-year, $24.5MM contract before the 2007 season. He would’ve struggled to crack the starting rotation this season, but the Phils are still on the hook for the more than $8.5MM remaining on his current deal.
Scott Lauber of The News Journal spoke to Phillies pitcher Adam Eaton, who is "without question, the elephant in the clubhouse." Eaton is owed $9MM, and the Phillies don’t see him as a contender for a rotation spot given his 6.10 ERA with the team.
Eaton says he’s not going to accept another assignment to the minors. The Phillies may have to release him and eat his salary.
Links for Monday…
- Yankees and Red Sox fans are dreaming of Joe Mauer, whose contract is up after the 2010 season.
- Updated June draft order, courtesy of Baseball America.
- The Braves signed a Japanese amateur pitcher named Yoshinori Yamarin to a minor league deal.
- Adam Eaton is not a candidate for the Phillies’ fifth starter job, and they’ll probably release him and eat his contract if they can’t trade him.
- MLB.com made a nice addition in Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki.
- Arbitration hearing dates are set for Paul Maholm and Nate McLouth.
- Jim Salisbury writes about Tal Smith, who prepares arbitration cases for clubs.
- Garrett Atkins comments on his arbitration request and his future with the Rockies.
- The Reds voided the contract of 16 year-old Venezuelan pitcher Ismael Guillon and re-signed him for less due to a problem found during his physical.
- Athletics Nation talked to MLB.com beat writer Mychael Urban.
- David O’Brien chatted with unsigned reliever Will Ohman.
- Orioles infielder Oscar Salazar cleared waivers.
According to Gerry Fraley, the Phillies are looking to trade starter Adam Eaton. They’ll pay all but $1MM of his $9MM salary for ’09 and don’t want anything in return.
- SI.com’s Tom Verducci ranks the five best midseason deals of the past 25 years.
- Peter Abraham thinks the Yankees should stick with Robinson Cano.
- Pat Gillick says there’s a slight chance the Phils acquire a reliever this month. He was not able to acquire Kyle Farnsworth in August.
- MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan doesn’t put much stock in the rumor that Nolan Ryan will clean house in Texas.
- Phillies GM Pat Gillick admitted signing Adam Eaton was a mistake. Many MLBTR readers thought so when the signing was finalized in November of ’06.
- The Red Sox hope to sign a Japanese amateur pitcher named Junichi Tazawa, which may not go over well with Nippon Professional Baseball.
- Gil Meche, Joakim Soria, and Zack Greinke are pretty much off-limits. Most other Royals are fair game in trade discussions. GM Dayton Moore intends to make changes this winter, and may also dive back into the free agent market.
- The Blue Jays have $15MM to spend, with needs at shortstop, first base/DH, and catcher. GM J.P. Ricciardi would prefer to fill those holes internally. Shysterball wonders why Ricciardi is talking about next year.
- Michael Rosenberg says Ivan Rodriguez is all about the money.
Let’s round up some linkage.
- ESPN’s Buster Olney wonders if Adam Everett would be a good fit for the Dodgers.
- Phillies pitcher Adam Eaton accepted a minor league assignment today. It seems that J.A. Happ will replace him.
- Jim Callis of Baseball America thinks the only first-round pick who might not sign will be San Diego’s Allan Dykstra.
- I did a Q&A with Mets Fans Forever.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak dismissed the idea of trading Kyle Lohse. Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe believes the Cardinals have the best shot at acquiring A.J. Burnett. But don’t forget that interesting suggestion yesterday from John Perrotto: the Jays might offer Burnett an additional $2MM in ’09 and ’10 to entice him to stay.
- Marlins catcher Matt Treanor had a setback, increasing their need to acquire a backstop.
- Rays manager Joe Maddon says the chances of a trade are "50-50 at best."
- The D’Backs are still talking extension with Cy Young contender Dan Haren, who is signed cheaply through 2010.
- Blue Jays reliever Brian Tallet is out at least three weeks with a broken toe; bad timing for potential suitors like the Mets.
- I did the Drunk Jays Fans podcast last night.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: A.J. Burnett | Adam Eaton | Adam Everett | Allan Dykstra | Arizona Diamondbacks | Brian Tallet | Dan Haren | J.A. Happ | Kyle Lohse | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins | Minnesota Twins | New York Mets | Philadelphia Phillies | San Diego Padres | St. Louis Cardinals | Tampa Bay Rays | Toronto Blue Jays