- Hamilton, Angels Discussing Resolution Of Dispute
- Introducing The New MLB Trade Rumors Mobile Site
- Cubs To Promote Kris Bryant
- Rays Sign J.P. Arencibia To Minor League Deal
- Yankees Interested In Braves’ Jose Peraza
- Diamondbacks Promote Yasmany Tomas
- Angels May Seek Contract Action Against Josh Hamilton
- Braves Release Carlos Quentin
- Indians Sign Jhoulys Chacin, Designate Shaun Marcum
- Alex Rios Fractures Left Hand
Trade Rumors Apps
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Orioles, Anthopoulos, Pirates
- AL East Notes: Francis, Balfour, Betts, Schoop
- Cafardo’s Latest: Giants, Craig, Lackey, Hamels, Kazmir, Viola
- Quick Hits: Scully, Hendriks, Nationals
- Rays Designate Grant Balfour For Assignment
- Quick Hits: Rose, Herrera, Gregorius, Dodgers
- Giants’ Peavy Injured, Susac Recalled
- Quick Hits: Trout, Wilson, Tigers
- Rosenthal’s Latest: Tillman, Gomez, Beltre
- Minor Moves: Huff, De La Cruz, Bautista, Meyer
- Quick Hits: Hamilton, Ichiro, Kang
- Marlins Claim Matt Tracy
- McDaniel On The June Draft
- Hamilton, Angels Discussing Resolution Of Dispute
- Central Notes: Francona, Bailey, Bryant
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Denny Bautista Rumors
A look at what is being written about the hot stove in the Blogosphere…
- Fire Brand of the American League looks at the ramifications of the Coco Crisp trade and what could happen if the Red Sox acquire Mark Teixeira and are unable to move Mike Lowell.
- Baseball Opinion says the Crisp deal leaves the Royals with a crowded outfield and a depleted bullpen and wonders if Mark Teahen or David DeJesus will be the next to go.
- Nationals Pride sees the Scott Olsen and Josh Willingham trade as a good start towards building a team with a core of young veterans that will be in place when the prospects are ready to contribute.
- The ‘Burgh Blues would like to see the Pirates go after Pedro Martinez, noting his close relationship with Joe Kerrigan and Denny Bautista.
- Sox and Pinstripes is worried about a potential signing of A.J. Burnett by the Red Sox and would prefer Derek Lowe.
- BaseBlog has a "tale of the tape" comparing C.C. Sabathia’s 2008 season to Johan Santana’s 2007 season.
- Goat Riders of the Apocalypse wonders if the Cubs are better off with Jake Peavy and Kosuke Fukudome versus Jason Marquis and a high-priced free agent right fielder.
- DC Sports Plus takes a closer look at 79 minor league free agents, focusing on former major leaguers, former top prospects and left-handed relief pitchers.
- Padres Revolution offers up a list of the 10 best trades brokered by Kevin Towers.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: A.J. Burnett | Baseball Blogs Weigh In | Boston Red Sox | C.C. Sabathia | Chicago Cubs | Coco Crisp | David DeJesus | Denny Bautista | Derek Lowe | Jake Peavy | Jason Marquis | Johan Santana | Josh Willingham | Kosuke Fukudome | Mark Teahen | Mark Teixeira | Mike Lowell | Pedro Martinez | Pittsburgh Pirates | San Diego Padres | Scott Olsen | Washington Nationals
According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates acquired 27 year-old reliever Denny Bautista from the Tigers today for 23 year-old minor league reliever Kyle Pearson.
Bautista seems like a reasonable project for the Bucs to toss into the back of their bullpen. Bautista averages 94-95 mph with his fastball, but five organizations have already given up on him.
I tried busting out my old Super Nintendo last night, to see if I am still the Mario Kart stud I once was. The console didn’t work right though, so I ordered something called the FC Twin. It’s a console that came out a few years ago when Nintendo’s patent expired; it plays both NES and SNES games. I’m excited! On to the hot stove links.
- We’ll be doing our usual live chat here today at 2pm CST.
- The A’s don’t anticipate any problems in signing top draft pick Jemile Weeks. And the D’Backs are nearing a deal with their top choice, Daniel Schlereth.
- Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski is working to trade recently-designated reliever Denny Bautista. He’s optimistic. There is a general tone of optimism in this entire odds and ends post, in fact.
- NPB Tracker has an in-depth look at Koji Uehara, who will finally get his wish of trying MLB in ’09.
- Steven Goldman thinks it’s time for the Yankees to trade Melky Cabrera, who seems a bit of a tweener. Might be better to trade him amid a hot streak though. At least that’s what I do in fantasy baseball!
- Yankee whipping boy Carl Pavano could actually be around in August.
- MLB.com’s Jim Molony appeared on their Whip Around program (the 6/23 link). He mentioned that he doesn’t expect the Brewers to make a major acquisition.
- Speaking of MLB.com, they’ve got a new Trade Talk blog up where various beat writers have weighed in.
Bautista, 25, has already been with five organizations. He hasn’t had much success, but he can throw hard.
Bautista, 25, was acquired by the Rockies from the Royals in the Jeremy Affeldt swap at the 2006 trading deadline. He’d been a starter for much of his career. He was promising in Triple A in ’07 but control problems persisted.
You may recall there was a Jose Capellan derby last summer after the Brewers demoted him to Triple A. The Rockies were interested then, too. He turns 27 in January and didn’t do much this year. Perhaps the Rockies will be more inclined to let LaTroy Hawkins leave now.