- Out Of Options 2014
- 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014
- Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- NL Notes: Hellweg, Cuddyer, Cubs, Espinosa
- Padres In Active Trade Talks Involving Nick Hundley
- Rangers Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment
- AL Notes: Amador, Lester, Gonzalez
- Astros Outright Lucas Harrell
- Padres Acquire Tyler Greene From Braves
- Tommy John Surgery Likely For Ivan Nova
- Orioles To Designate Steve Pearce For Assignment
- Blue Jays Claim Darin Mastroianni, Designate Kenny Wilson
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- NL Central Links: Maldonado, Volquez, Walker, Cubs
- Free Agent Notes: Hanrahan, Carbonell, Penny, Braddock
- Yankees Outright Cesar Cabral
- Ryan Roberts Accepts Outright Assignment
- Ryan Rowland-Smith Elects Free Agency
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Denny Bautista Rumors
According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates acquired 27 year-old reliever Denny Bautista from the Tigers today for 23 year-old minor league reliever Kyle Pearson.
Bautista seems like a reasonable project for the Bucs to toss into the back of their bullpen. Bautista averages 94-95 mph with his fastball, but five organizations have already given up on him.
I tried busting out my old Super Nintendo last night, to see if I am still the Mario Kart stud I once was. The console didn’t work right though, so I ordered something called the FC Twin. It’s a console that came out a few years ago when Nintendo’s patent expired; it plays both NES and SNES games. I’m excited! On to the hot stove links.
- We’ll be doing our usual live chat here today at 2pm CST.
- The A’s don’t anticipate any problems in signing top draft pick Jemile Weeks. And the D’Backs are nearing a deal with their top choice, Daniel Schlereth.
- Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski is working to trade recently-designated reliever Denny Bautista. He’s optimistic. There is a general tone of optimism in this entire odds and ends post, in fact.
- NPB Tracker has an in-depth look at Koji Uehara, who will finally get his wish of trying MLB in ’09.
- Steven Goldman thinks it’s time for the Yankees to trade Melky Cabrera, who seems a bit of a tweener. Might be better to trade him amid a hot streak though. At least that’s what I do in fantasy baseball!
- Yankee whipping boy Carl Pavano could actually be around in August.
- MLB.com’s Jim Molony appeared on their Whip Around program (the 6/23 link). He mentioned that he doesn’t expect the Brewers to make a major acquisition.
- Speaking of MLB.com, they’ve got a new Trade Talk blog up where various beat writers have weighed in.
Bautista, 25, has already been with five organizations. He hasn’t had much success, but he can throw hard.
Bautista, 25, was acquired by the Rockies from the Royals in the Jeremy Affeldt swap at the 2006 trading deadline. He’d been a starter for much of his career. He was promising in Triple A in ’07 but control problems persisted.
You may recall there was a Jose Capellan derby last summer after the Brewers demoted him to Triple A. The Rockies were interested then, too. He turns 27 in January and didn’t do much this year. Perhaps the Rockies will be more inclined to let LaTroy Hawkins leave now.