DL Apps + FB
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- Yankees Acquire Chris Capuano From Rockies
- Mariners Acquire Kendrys Morales
- Tigers Acquire Joakim Soria
- Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees Designate Alfonso Soriano For Assignment
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Royals Sign Scott Downs
- Athletics Acquire Jeff Samardzija And Jason Hammel
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Giants, Red Sox Near Jake Peavy Deal
- Jon Lester Willing To Return To Red Sox If Traded
- Marlins Hoping To Buy, Not Looking To Deal Stanton
- Week In Review: 7/19/14 – 7/25/14
- Indians Looking To Add Starter, Outfielder
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- East Notes: Price, Lester, Howard, Papelbon, Mets, Braves
- Cardinals Close To Signing A.J. Pierzynski
- Jimmy Rollins’ 2015 Option Vests
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- Twins, Suzuki Far Apart In Extension Talks
- Bruce Billings, Jeff Manship Outrighted
- Giants Designate Nick Noonan, Jose De Paula
- Stark’s Latest: Howard, Peavy, Reds, Red Sox, Rollins, Murphy
- Rangers Release Justin Marks
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Jeff Salazar Rumors
We'll keep track of today's minor league moves in this post …
- The Rays have signed outfielders Brad Coon and Jeff Salazar to minor league contracts with invitations to Spring Training, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times. Coon, 29, has spent his career in the minors, while Salazar, 30, has had cups of coffee in the Majors with the Rockies, Diamondbacks and Pirates.
The Rockies have signed Tug Hulett, Matt Macri and Jeff Salazar to minor league contracts, reports Thomas Harding of MLB.com. None of the three men played in the majors in 2010; Hulett and Salazar last saw major league action in 2009 with the Royals and Pirates, respectively, while Macri's last taste of the bigs was with Minnesota in 2008.
Macri (fifth round, 2004) and Salazar (eighth round, 2002) were both originally drafted by Colorado, while Hulett was originally selected by Texas in the 14th round of the 2004 draft.
Some links for Friday…
- In an interview with 619 Sports out of San Diego, Scott Hairston said he found out he got traded back to the Padres by reading MLBTR. Cool!
- The Brewers will wait until next month before they consider making an offer to Mark Mulder, reports MLB.com's Adam McCalvy.
- John Fay of The Cincinnati Enquirer runs down the Reds' arbitration history.
- The Orioles have signed outfielder Jeff Salazar to a minor league deal with an invitation to Spring Training, reports Dan Connolly of The Baltimore Sun.
- The Brewers are still in touch with Mark Mulder and Doug Davis, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- The Yankees offered Jesus Montero straight up for Roy Halladay, according to Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star (Hat Tip: River Ave. Blues).
- The Rockies watched Derrick Turnbow throw today, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
- The Nationals are still in the mix to sign Orlando Hudson, who hopes to sign soon (MLB.com's Bill Ladson reporting).
- Pete Caldera of NorthJersey.com hears of some mutual interest between the Yankees and Rocco Baldelli.
- The Rangers avoided arbitration with Brandon McCarthy, agreeing to a $1.32MM deal for 2010, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels tells Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas that he'd like to add a catcher, but he's not about to rush. "We have some time," the GM said.
- Ryan Theriot tells Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune that he'd like the Cubs to sign Ben Sheets.
- The Mets signed Jolbert Cabrera to a minor league deal, according to Ed Price of AOL FanHouse (via Twitter).
- Writing for FanGraphs, Patrick Newman explains what the Rangers can expect from new signing Colby Lewis.
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweeted last night that the Mets contacted Jerry Hairston Jr..
- ESPN.com's Buster Olney says some people within the Mets organization believe Omar Minaya will be fired the first time his club slumps badly.
- Olney also notes that Adam LaRoche will be up against a crop of free agent first basemen that could include Carlos Pena, Lance Berkman and Derrek Lee after the season.
- Troy Renck of the Denver Post says the Giants, Padres, Rangers and Mariners have all called about Yorvit Torrealba.
- The Pirates aren't close to agreeing to terms with Zach Duke on his 2010 salary, according to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Duke made $2.2MM last year in his first season as an arbitration-eligible player.
- The Cardinals will watch Derrick Turnbow throw today, according to Rob Rains of the St. Louis Globe-Democrat.
- The Cards signed knuckleballer Charlie Zink to a minor league deal, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com. After eight years in the Red Sox organization, the 30-year-old will try to break camp with St. Louis.
- Bill James tells Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe that he's curious to see how much better the Red Sox are on defense this season.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Adam LaRoche | Baltimore Orioles | Boston Red Sox | Brandon McCarthy | Cincinnati Reds | Colby Lewis | Colorado Rockies | Derrick Turnbow | Doug Davis | Jeff Salazar | Jerry Hairston Jr. | Jesus Montero | Mark Mulder | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Orlando Hudson | Pittsburgh Pirates | Rocco Baldelli | Roy Halladay | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Scott Hairston | Seattle Mariners | St. Louis Cardinals | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays | Transactions | Washington Nationals | Yorvit Torrealba | Zach Duke