- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Rays Outright Ali Solis
- MLBTR Originals
- Blue Jays Acquire Mayberry Jr.
- Minor Moves: Wilkins, Snodgress, Dominguez
- Quick Hits: Twins, Colon, Cosart
- Quick Hits: Orioles, Athletics, Brewers, Pirates
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Lawrie, Pearce, Robertson
- Yankees Acquire Chaz Roe
- Adam Dunn To Retire After Season
- Athletics Outright Deck McGuire
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- White Sox Outright Nestor Molina
- AL East Notes: Rays, Escobar, Johnson, Red Sox
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Phillies Release Jason Marquis
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Josh Thole Rumors
Brett Myers would be one of the better available starters, and the Astros reportedly became more open to moving him recently. Myers has a 3.10 ERA and has gone at least six innings in every start this year. The latest:
- The Astros are working on signing Myers beyond this year, tweets Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle.
- The Astros still want to be overwhelmed in an offer for Myers, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.
- SI's Jon Heyman tweets that the price is high for Myers – the Astros asked the Mets for Bobby Parnell and Josh Thole and were turned down.
The latest on Cubs lefty Ted Lilly…
- The Tigers are not pursuing Lilly, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.
- The Twins, who are on Lilly's no-trade list, are unlikely to acquire him, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (on Twitter).
- The Mets are still engaging the Cubs about Lilly, according to Newsday's Ken Davidoff, who suggests a deal is unlikely (Twitter link). The Mets don't want to trade Josh Thole for Lilly, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link).
- A Mets official told Joel Sherman of the New York Post it's "very doubtful" they acquire Lilly. The Mets do not want to take on most to all of the $4.37MM left on Lilly's contract and give up prospects too. As for Brett Myers, the Astros are "almost completely unwilling to engage in serious discussions." Sherman says the Mets might wait until August to acquire a pitcher.
- Yesterday we learned that the Dodgers and Twins are still in on Lilly.
The Yankees may be one win from the World Series, but there is a lot going on with New York's other team today.
- Ray Ratto of CBSSports.com writes about the news from court filings this week that the Mets may have gained $48MM in the Bernie Madoff swindle, rather than lost a previously-reported range of $300MM to $700MM. Unfortunately, this isn't necessarily good news. Those who lost money to Madoff are in the process of suing the Madoff winners, and the uncertainty over $48MM could complicate offseason plans for the Mets.
- Metsblog's Matt Cerrone believes the Mets will return Josh Thole to Triple-A for more seasoning, and find a defense-first catcher to split time with Omir Santos. He mentioned Rod Barajas specifically, who seems like the best fit for a team that could use some offense from the position, too.
- Licey Tigers manager Dave Jauss was in New York on Monday to discuss a position with the Mets. Jauss managed in the Montreal system, receiving the honor of Eastern League Manager of the Year in 1994.