- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Tigers To Exercise Joakim Soria’s Option
- Brewers Decline Rickie Weeks’ Option
- Free Agent Profile: Jed Lowrie
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast: Episode 4
- AL Central Notes: Royals, Aoki, Butler, Lovullo, Tigers
- AL West Notes: Astros, Lewis, Rangers, A’s
- D’Backs Exercise Options On Hudson, Reynolds
- Padres Decline Josh Johnson’s Option
- Orioles Exercise Options On Chen, O’Day; Decline Options On Markakis, Hundley
- Dan Haren Exercises Player Option
- White Sox To Decline Option On Felipe Paulino
- Red Sox Sign Koji Uehara To Two-Year Extension
- Cardinals Exercise John Lackey’s Option
- Brewers Exercise Yovani Gallardo’s Option
- Cubs Decline Option On Kyuji Fujikawa
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Matt Antonelli Rumors
This post will list all the National League players non-tendered today, but the best place to track all 200+ arbitration eligible players is our new non-tender tracker.
- Rockies: Manny Delcarmen
- Mets: Sean Green Chris Carter, John Maine
- Nationals: Joel Peralta, Wil Nieves, Chien-Ming Wang
- Dodgers: Russell Martin, George Sherrill, Trent Oeltjen
- Giants: Chris Ray, Eugenio Velez
- Pirates: Lastings Milledge, Argenis Diaz, Donnie Veal, Brian Burres
- Diamondbacks: Blaine Boyer, Ryan Church, Augie Ojeda, D.J. Carrasco
- Marlins: Jose Veras, Ronny Paulino
- Padres: Tony Gwynn, Scott Hairston, Matt Antonelli, Luis Perdomo
- Brewers: Todd Coffey, Joe Inglett
- Astros: Sammy Gervacio
- Braves: Matt Diaz
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Augie Ojeda | Blaine Boyer | Brian Burres | Chien-Ming Wang | Chris Carter | Chris Ray | Colorado Rockies | D.J. Carrasco | Eugenio Velez | George Sherrill | Joe Inglett | Joel Peralta | John Maine | Jose Veras | Lastings Milledge | Los Angeles Dodgers | Luis Perdomo | Manny Delcarmen | Matt Antonelli | Matt Diaz | Miami Marlins | New York Mets | Pittsburgh Pirates | Ronny Paulino | Russell Martin | Ryan Church | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Scott Hairston | Sean Green | Tony Gwynn Jr. | Transactions | Trent Oeltjen | Washington Nationals | Wil Nieves
9:36pm: Larry LaRue of the Tacoma News Tribune outlines the difficulties the Mariners face in trying to deal Yuniesky Betancourt. "No one is offering any talent back, and everyone wants Seattle to eat a big part of his salary," LaRue writes.
LaRue also cites Betancourt's reputation for mental lapses and a "slow learning curve" as deterrents for teams looking for infield help.
6:20pm: Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune cites a source close to the Padres who says that Headley is "off the table" in trade talks. He writes, "Yuni may be traded, but it won't be for Chase Headley."
Furthermore, Divish writes that any deal for Betancourt is unlikely, since the Padres are trying to dump payroll.
8:26am: Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times says Mariners shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt is being showcased for a possible trade. He mentioned the Jack Wilson idea on Monday, though that seemed lopsided. Baker says the Padres have also discussed acquiring Betancourt:
Two names I've heard mentioned as trade returns for the Mariners would be either a package of, or choice between switch-hitting left fielder Chase Headley and Class AAA second baseman Matt Antonelli. I'm trying to pin down whether it is one or the other, or both, being offered up.
Baker says the Padres dangled the names of Headley and Antonelli, though moving Headley to get Betancourt seems highly unlikely. Plus there is the matter of the $10.5MM coming to Betancourt through 2011.
The Jim Edmonds Implosion Watch is on in San Diego. The centerfielder is on the shelf until the end of the month with a strained calf muscle, suffered in Thursday’s spring game.
Just a little more impetus for the Pads to get a deal done for an outfielder. Kevin Towers, though, says not so fast. He’ll wait a week or so to see how Edmonds is progressing before pulling the trigger on any trades. Edmonds, who’s in the last year of a two-year deal he signed with the Cardinals, will make $8MM this season. He’s missed 97 games over the last two years with a variety of aches and pains.
The strain may be worse than the one Edmonds suffered in 2003, causing him to miss significant playing time. Towers and Theo Epstein chatted yesterday over email, though Coco Crisp is seen as a long shot. Towers says Boston can’t have either Chase Headley or Matt Antonelli.
UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 10:07pm: According to Ken Rosenthal, the Padres and Astros were unable to reach an agreement on Scott.
FROM 12-4-07 at 2:39pm:
According to ESPN’s Buster Olney, the Padres are nearing a deal to acquire Luke Scott from the Astros. No word on the return yet. I’m curious – Scott seemed like a solid bargain acquisition and it’s no surprise Kevin Towers got him.