Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins To Sign Ichiro Suzuki
- Giants To Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong
- Braves To Sign Jonny Gomes
- Astros Sign Colby Rasmus
- Rangers Acquire Yovani Gallardo
- Cubs Acquire Dexter Fowler For Valbuena, Straily
- Nationals To Sign Max Scherzer
- Cardinals Sign Lance Lynn To Three-Year Deal
- Astros Acquire Evan Gattis
- Nationals, A's Swap Tyler Clippard, Yunel Escobar
- Royals Extend Ned Yost
- D-Backs Sign Yoan Lopez
- Pirates Sign Jung-ho Kang
- Athletics Acquire Ben Zobrist
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Brewers Notes: Bullpen, Braun, Nelson, Henderson, Thornburg
- Reactions To Manfred’s First Day As Commissioner
- Blue Jays End Negotiations For Dan Duquette
- East Notes: DeJesus, A-Rod, Flores
- West Notes: Astros, Tulowitzki, Padres
- Cafardo On Shields, Blue Jays, Price
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: D’Backs, Nelson, Navarro
- Quick Hits: Duquette, Flowers, Meyer
- Quick Hits: Shields, Yankees, Craig
- Texas Notes: Dominguez, Astros, Rangers
- Quick Hits: Papelbon, Beachy, Olivero
- Players Avoiding Arbitration: Saturday
- Quick Hits: Shields, Porcello, Buxton
- Giants Re-Sign Brandon Hicks
- Minor Moves: Quintero, Bowker
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Zach Collier Rumors
Here are today’s minor league transactions from around baseball, with the newest moves at the top of the post…
- Phillies outfielder Zach Collier cleared waivers and was outrighted to Double-A, the team announced. The Phils designated Collier for assignment earlier this week. Collier, picked 34th overall in 2008, has a .240/.312/.349 slash line over 2084 career minor league plate appearances.
- The Braves released righty Kameron Loe, David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (via Twitter). Loe posted an 8.83 ERA in 17 1/3 relief innings with Triple-A Gwinnett after signing a minor league deal with the Braves last month. This is Loe’s third change of teams in 2014, as he already opted out of a minor league deal with the Giants in March and was released by the Royals in May.
- The Angels released right-hander Joel Pineiro, Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports (Twitter link). Pineiro struggled to a 7.48 ERA over four Triple-A starts after signing a minor league deal with the Halos earlier this month. Pineiro was attempting a comeback after missing most of 2012 and all of 2013 recovering from shoulder problems, and the Angels were his second stop after already being released by the Cubs earlier this season.
- The Reds have signed left-hander Scott Maine to a minor league deal and assigned him to Double-A. Maine had been pitching for the Bridgeport Bluefish of the independent Atlantic League, and the transaction was announced via Bridgeport’s team website. The southpaw had a 4.95 ERA, 10.4 K/9 and a 5.75 K/BB rate in 20 innings for the Bluefish this season, with all but one of his 19 appearances coming out of the bullpen. Maine posted a 5.59 ERA and 48 strikeouts over 46 2/3 IP with the Cubs and Indians from 2010-12, though he was plagued by both the long ball (1.5 HR/9) and walks (4.8 BB/9) over his brief stint in the bigs. Maine spent 2013 pitching in the Marlins’ farm system.
The Phillies have designated outfielder Zach Collier for assignment, the team announced via press release. The move was needed to open a 40-man roster spot for catcher Koyie Hill, who was called up to replace Carlos Ruiz (7-day concussion DL) on the active roster.
Collier, a 23-year-old left-handed hitter, was taken by the Phils with the 34th overall pick in the 2008 draft. He was added to the 40-man after the 2012 season to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.
Since that time, Collier has failed to make the jump to Double-A. Over 513 plate appearances in 2013, he put up a .222/.310/.348 line with eight home runs and 17 stolen bases. It has been more of the same this year, as Collier has slashed .228/.307/.316 in 154 trips to the plate, and he has also taken a step back on the bases (he has been caught six times and successfully swiped only three bags).
Today’s draft links.
- Rany Jazayerli looks at possibilities for the Royals at #3. He hopes they don’t take Eric Hosmer.
- MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo has new projections for the top 30. He’s switched the Orioles from Brian Matusz to Aaron Crow at #4, among other changes.
- Keith Law has tons of good stuff…the Giants are eyeing Gordon Beckham, the Reds are considering Brett Lawrie, Jason Castro could go to the White Sox, the Dodgers like Zach Collier, and much more.
- Ken Davidoff is hearing that the Padres are in on Brett Wallace and the Twins like Christian Friedrich.
- Pedro Alvarez would be honored to be picked by the Pirates. Dejan Kovacevic continues to say they’re leaning that way.
- I am considering live-blogging Thursday’s draft, posting each pick here as soon as it’s announced (you would not have to refresh). Would that be helpful?
Full Story | Comments | Categories: 2008 Amateur Draft | Brett Lawrie | Brett Wallace | Chicago White Sox | Christian Friedrich | Cincinnati Reds | Gordon Beckham | Jason Castro | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Dodgers | Minnesota Twins | Pedro Alvarez | Pittsburgh Pirates | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Zach Collier
All kinds of draft links today.
- Baseball America explains the basics in their How The Draft Works column.
- Baseball Prospectus’ Kevin Goldstein gives his take on each of the first twelve picks.
- Keith Law: the Nationals invited Zach Collier to work out, the White Sox are eyeing Brett Wallace, the Marlins may like Eric Hosmer, and Tanner Scheppers is getting a second opinion.
- Jim Callis names high schoolers/Boras clients Hosmer and Gerrit Cole as possible wild cards who could head to college. Callis also talks about Casey Kelly as a possibility for Cincy.
- Derrick Goold on the Cardinals’ "signability board."