DL Apps + FB
- Dodgers Acquire Darwin Barney
- Giants Acquire Jake Peavy
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- Yankees Acquire Chris Capuano From Rockies
- Mariners Acquire Kendrys Morales
- Tigers Acquire Joakim Soria
- Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Mariners, Orioles Have Inquired On Lester
- West Notes: Jack Z, Angels, Padres, Dodgers
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- NL East Rumors: Marlins, Phillies, Byrd, Bastardo
- Mets Rumors: Alderson, Syndergaard, Dice-K
- Astros Open To Trading Keuchel, McHugh, Cosart
- Royals Acquire Liam Hendriks, Erik Kratz
- Mariners Sign Brayan Hernandez
- Dodgers Acquire Darwin Barney
- Rakuten Golden Eagles Sign Nick Evans
- A’s Designate Kenny Wilson For Assignment
- Mariners, Braves Most Active Teams For Denorfia
- Suzuki Extension Looks Unlikely For Twins
- Phillies Make Hamels Available; Dodgers Interested
- Stark’s Latest: Lester, Miller, Byrd, Kemp, Danks, Rios
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Though the Red Sox seemed close, Ken Rosenthal now reports that the Rangers have acquired righty Kip Wells from the Pirates. Guess Jon Daniels stepped in with something better than Abe Alvarez.
UPDATE: The Pirates snagged 22 year-old reliever Jesse Chavez in the deal. Chavez just got promoted to Triple A.
According to ESPN, the Rangers have acquired DH type Matt Stairs from the Royals. MLB Radio adds that the Royals received 26 year-old righty reliever Joselo Diaz in return.
According to ESPN’s Jayson Stark:
"Mets are closing in on a big deal with the Pirates, for Roberto Hernandez and Oliver Perez. Still haggling about the rest of that deal."
The Mets have been interested in these guys for a while; first I heard of it was back when Jeff Keppinger was dealt.
SI.com now reports that Xavier Nady goes to Pittsburgh in the deal. I’m told that the Mets also have coveted Edwin Jackson as a project for Rick Peterson, but that interest may be on hold with this acquisition.
Duaner Sanchez, one of the game’s best setup men, is out for the season after separating his shoulder in a car accident, according to Ken Rosenthal. I’m just glad to see he is OK.
Omar Minaya has 51 minutes to step it up and find a replacement. I think MetsBlog caught wind of this shortly after midnight.
In his latest update, Will Carroll tell us:
"The Sox are also looking for cheap outfield help as a backup in case tests on Trot Nixon come up with a poor result. There are several names in play, including Craig Wilson, Geoff Jenkins, and Moises Alou. The question here will be price and fit. The Sox, even if Nixon is out for the year, could go with Gabe Kapler and Wily Mo Pena if the price is too high on an acquisition."
My hunch is that the BoSox go with the latter solution, but I’m surprised how little action there has been on Alou.
According to Scott Miller of CBS Sportsline, the Cubs are about to send Todd Walker to the Padres. Another low-rent fix for Kevin Towers.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal has learned that Walker was dealt for 19 year-old righty Jose Ceda, currently in rookie ball.
"The Providence Journal’s Sean McAdam said on WEEI radio that the Red Sox have been in contact with Julio Lugo‘s agents to discuss a contract extension."
Nothing on this from the Boston Globe guys just yet. The D-Rays are going to have to scramble if they want to get something better than a couple of compensation draft picks for Lugo. One hour left.
Buster Olney informs us that Brad Lidge will not be dealt, and Jayson Stark has indicated that a possible Padres trade for Morgan Ensberg is off. Plan B for the Pads looks like Aaron Boone…ugh.
Ken Rosenthal has taken Jayson Stark’s 5% chance of Miguel Tejada being traded and one-upped that by indicating that Tejada is off the trade market entirely.
The Orioles had various offers floating about, but Peter Angelos ultimately did not see one he liked. We’ll never be positive that the Angels really offered Ervin Santana and Erick Aybar. But if they did, the Orioles may have made a mistake by passing.
Check out Gordon Edes’s latest blog posting for the Boston Globe. Through a Pirates source, Edes has learned that the Red Sox are discussing a trade for starter Kip Wells. Wells has been decent with a 3.16 ERA this month. He shut down the Giants last time out.
UPDATE: ESPN’s Amy Nelson says this one is on the verge of getting done. Also, word via Sons of Sam Horn is that this deal could be for Abe Alvarez.