Tying lose ends on a very slow Saturday indeed.
- In a series of moves, the Jay's have activated Vernon Wells with less than a month after he broke his wrist in Cleveland and DFA'd Armando Benitez. I guess they're not going after Bonds.
- Steinbrenner: "There are no plans to sit down and talk with general manager Brian Cashman about his contract status." The G.M.'s contract expires after the 2008 season.
- By activating Jayson Werth from the DL, the Phillies were forced to DFA Chris Snelling, but the young outfielder is out of options. He has three days to accept the assignment or become a free agent.
- In order to make room for the newly-acquired Berroa, the Dodgers DFA'd Terry Tiffee. Dodgers beat writer Tony Jackson thinks he could be more expendable this way if he gets claimed off waivers.
- Bengie Molina is upset by comments made by Giant's G.M. Brian Sabean after this week's draft. Sabean said Buster Posey "is on the fast track and Bengie's clock is winding down."
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds And Ends: Flurry of DFAs And GM Contract Talks: