A few more minor notes from around the MLBiverse…
- Ken Williams says "the climate is awful" in regards to the trade market.
- Despite reports that the Yankees were discussing the possibility of signing Barry Bonds, Brian Cashman hints that Bonds is not in the plans for the Bombers.
- Several scouts feel that the Mariners’ interim GM is in a very tough situation. The scouts think that Seattle may be better suited to wait until the offseason to make deals, but Lee Pelekoudas may not be the GM after the season, forcing him to make an impression now.
- Andy MacPhail says he is spending a lot of time on the phone with other teams, but he said the Orioles are not close to making any deals.
- Ron Washington would like to see the Rangers trade for a leadoff hitter, lefty relievers and starting pitching, but knows that a potential deal is unlikely. GM Jon Daniels said that the Rangers won’t be sellers, but they are also not interested in moving their top prospects for rental players.