Let's gather up today's linkage.
- Andy Pettitte will probably pitch next year, but Mike Mussina remains an unknown.
- Reader Peter H. reminds us that the Brewers' playoff berth means the Indians get to choose the player to be named later in the C.C. Sabathia deal.
- Ross Newhan finds it indisputable that the Dodgers and Angels have to re-sign Manny Ramirez and Mark Teixeira at any cost. Manny generated an estimated $7.6MM in extra revenue for the Dodgers. T.J. Simers snagged all kinds of quotes from Manny in recent articles, including one about Red Sox traveling secretary Jack McCormick dissing Manny in front of his teammates prior to the shoving incident.
- Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News names some possible fits for Gerald Laird this winter - the Tigers, Brewers, Reds, and Red Sox.
- The Nationals will pick first in the 2009 draft. Will they go for Stephen Strasburg?
- Kerry Wood felt bad about his three-year, $32.5MM deal, and basically signed a blank check after the '07 season.
- Ron Villone would like to return to the Cardinals rather than attempt to tie Mike Morgan's record of playing for 12 different teams.
- Leo Mazzone or Rick Peterson for next Tigers pitching coach?
- Athletics Nation puts together a plan to compete in '09 without sacrificing the future.
- Chipper Jones wants to retire a Brave. But if he doesn't sign an extension beyond '09 and the Braves want to trade him next summer, he's got a short list of teams to which he'd accept a trade.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Manny, Laird, Strasburg, Chipper: