Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports posted a new column yesterday; let’s take a look.
- Rosenthal says the "expectation in some baseball circles" is that the Brewers will offer a four-year, $100MM contract to C.C. Sabathia. However, between the Yankees, Angels, and Dodgers he could probably do significantly better.
- Mark Teixeira should draw interest from the Yankees, Red Sox, and Angels. Rosenthal adds that Mike Lowell does not have a no-trade clause (I believe I wrote earlier that he did).
- The Padres and Braves are at an impasse in the Jake Peavy talks, with the Padres seeking five players. The Braves don’t want to surrender Tommy Hanson, as Tom Krasovic reported Saturday.
- Scott Boras is reportedly pitching Jason Varitek as the Tigers’ next catcher.
- Rosenthal suggests that Manny Ramirez‘s defense may keep NL teams away.