A few days ago we looked at notable first round compensation draft picks from this decade. In those cases, a team lost its first round pick directly to another team for signing a free agent.
Today, we'll look at notable supplemental round picks. These are not picks one team gives to another, but rather picks squeezed in when a Type A or B free agent is lost.
- 2000: Blue Jays pick Dustin McGowan for loss of Graeme Lloyd.
- 2000: Braves pick Kelly Johnson for Jose Hernandez.
- 2001: Mets pick David Wright for Mike Hampton.
- 2002: A's pick Mark Teahen for Johnny Damon.
- 2003: Braves pick Jarrod Saltalamacchia for Mike Remlinger.
- 2004: Royals pick J.P. Howell for Raul Ibanez.
- 2004: White Sox pick Gio Gonzalez for Tom Gordon.
- 2004: A's pick Huston Street for Miguel Tejada.
- 2005: Red Sox pick Clay Buchholz for Pedro Martinez.
- 2005: Red Sox pick Jed Lowrie for Orlando Cabrera.
- 2005: Red Sox pick Michael Bowden for Derek Lowe.
- 2006: Phillies pick Adrian Cardenas for Billy Wagner.
- 2006: Yankees pick Joba Chamberlain for Tom Gordon.
- 2006: Cardinals pick Chris Perez for Matt Morris.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Notable Supplemental Round Picks: