Ken Rosenthal's got an interesting new column up.
- Now that talks with the Braves have ended for the time being, Padres GM Kevin Towers is talking with the Yankees about Jake Peavy. The Yankees have had "numerous discussions" with the Padres, even though they just offered C.C. Sabathia a contract and are still considering A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe.
- Peavy's agent Barry Axelrod said that "the Angels probably would be more appealing" geographically, but "from other perspectives, they might be less appealing" than other teams
- Rosenthal talked with an agent who said that the Angels could wait a week or 10 days before making Mark Teixeira a "knockout offer" with a deadline.
- Even though the Yankees traded for Nick Swisher, they could still have interest in Teixeira if he's willing to consider a shorter contract of four or five years for top dollar.
- Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi knows that Toronto "won't be the highest bidder" for A.J. Burnett. Ricciardi hopes that Burnett likes Toronto enough to re-sign.
- The Indians are considering going after both Juan Cruz and Jeremy Affeldt instead of an experienced closer.
- The Phillies and Giants could also bid on Cruz.
- The Cardinals will have interest in Affeldt and Joe Beimel as they try to strengthen their bullpen.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: Peavy, Teixeira, Burnett: