I'll keep this updated as more comes in, but for now these are your Saturday links...
- Patrick Newman found that Akinori Otsuka will work out in front of reps from all MLB teams next month. Apparently Padres GM Kevin Towers is interested if Otsuka's healthy.
- Roch Kubatko knows there's pitching talent coming from the minors, but he doesn't love the current Orioles rotation and expects them to add two more starters.
- The difference between 69 and 72 in 2009 wins isn't worth much to the Orioles, Peter Schmuck writes.
- The Red Sox move on after missing out on Mark Teixeira.
- Eric Wedge doesn't seem bothered by the Yankees' big acquisitions.
- Vernon Wells knows how hard it will be to compete now that former-teammate A.J. Burnett's in pinstripes along with a couple other big names.
- Keith Law says the Randy Johnson signing moves the Giants "toward 2009 respectability, if not outright contention."
- Vlae Kershner doesn't like the possibility of Garret Anderson on the A's.
- Bleed Cubbie Blue argues that Adam Dunn's patience-power combination would work well for the Cubs. Last week Dunn said he thinks so too.
- Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi revealed his favorite meal and dream date in a Q&A with the Sporting News.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds And Ends: Otsuka, Orioles, Johnson: