The latest from SI.com’s Jon Heyman…
- It’s more likely that Michael Young will give in and move to third base than be traded. Heyman runs through six (long shot) "potential contenders." Most were addressed here, but Heyman adds the Yankees.
- Yankees people believe there is less than a 50% chance of the team re-signing Andy Pettitte. He could instead retire or sign with the Dodgers or Astros.
- Heyman suggests Bobby Abreu or Garret Anderson for the Reds, noting that Abreu is probably too expensive.
- The White Sox want "top pitching prospects" for Jermaine Dye, not necessarily big league-ready ones.
- The Dodgers were among 12 teams who watched Chad Cordero throw on Friday. The Mets, Twins, Brewers, Rangers, Tigers, Diamondbacks, and Nationals are among the other known attendees.