Links for Friday…
- David Chase looks at fantasy baseball’s top strikeout pitchers.
- The third year of Milton Bradley‘s contract turns into a club option if he has serious health problems this year.
- Two players expected to attend the Brewers’ open tryout this month: Randall Simon and Mark Bellhorn.
- Dave Cameron looks at the premium teams pay for proven closers.
- Bobby Valentine comments on the Orioles’ Koji Uehara signing in Dan Connolly’s article. Within that article Connolly suggests the trade market for Brian Roberts may be suffering because of Orlando Hudson‘s availability on the free agent market.
- The D’Backs wouldn’t be thrilled, but the Yankees could sign Juan Cruz and only surrender a fourth-round pick.
- Pirates GM Neal Huntington said the team is looking at some comeback-type free agent outfielders. Dejan Kovacevic guesses that Emil Brown, Craig Monroe, or Jonny Gomes could fit the bill.
- The Red Sox designated knuckleballer Charlie Zink for assignment.
- J.C. Bradbury believes the Braves were misleading with the public regarding their offer to John Smoltz.