Here's your weekly look back at the happenings of the MLBTR world...
- More sad news continues to roll in this week, as long-time Phillies broadcaster Harry Kalas died at the age of 73. Kalas had been calling Philadelphia games for over 30 years, but had the pleasure of seeing his beloved Phils take home a World Series title in his final season in the booth. RIP Harry.
- Unfortunately that wasn't the only bad news of the week: Mark Fidrych, perhaps better known as "The Bird," was found dead at his home at just 54 years of age. Fidrych was outstanding in his first season with the Tigers, but his career was derailed by injuries. His antics on the mound and tremendous personality will never be forgotten by baseball fans though. RIP Mark.
- The Yankees' outfield depth took a hit this week when it was announced that Xavier Nady may have to miss the remainder of the season with an elbow injury. Their decision to hang onto both Nady and Nick Swisher this offseason definitely looks like a good decision right now. Here's a look at some additional options they could pursue to add depth to their bench.
- Staying within the division, the Red Sox may have lost Jed Lowrie for the season as well. Lowrie had his wrist examined, and if he undergoes surgery, 2009 will essentially be a lost season. The BoSox still have Julio Lugo on his way back from a rehab assignment, but a wrist injury for their shortstop of the future is certainly not good news looking down the road.
- The Nationals may be closing in on an extension with Ryan Zimmerman. It's believed to be five years, $45MM, and could include the 2009 season.
- Tim conducted a Q&A session with both Troy E. Renck and Jerry Crasnick.
- Also, he finished up the Offseason in Review series with the Phillies.
Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista Minor Moves: Cotts, Boyer, Barton Draft Notes: Manaea, Outfielders MLBTR Chat Transcript Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Jose Altuve Rejoins Octagon; Leaves Boras Choo Not Thinking About Long-Term Deal Injury Updates On 2014 Free Agent Starters
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors