More links for the afternoon…
- ESPN.com reports that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has no plans to bid on the Chicago Cubs.
- Yankees and Red Sox scouts are assembling teams of high schoolers to face off in an exhibition game at Fenway Park this August. And Bryce Harper will be suiting up in pinstripes, according to Peter Abraham of the Journal News.
- Roch Kubatko of MASN.com hears that the Orioles are hesitant to offer Miguel Angel Sano big money. Kubatko would be surprised to see the Orioles become frontrunners for the Dominican prospect.
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle says Shawn Chacon isn't expected to be an option in Oakland. Instead, he's there to provide the A's with depth.
- The Baltimore Sun relays an AP report informing us that David Walters, a college senior, signed a free agent contract with the Orioes. The righty was drafted by the Braves in 2008 before returning to school for his senior year.
- MLB.com's Jason Beck reports that the Tigers have agreed to terms with 16 of their draftees.
- Speaking on ESPN Radio, Peter Gammons suggests the Cubs, Rays, Rangers, Angels and Yankees should make moves before July 31st. Joe Haggerty has the transcript up at Hacks with Haggs.
- Diamond Leung reports that the Dodgers released Val Pascucci, who had an OPS of .715 at Triple A.