On this date in 1975, Mets third baseman Joe Torre grounded into four double plays. Here are some links to read through…
- Today's chat takes place in half an hour at 2pm CST.
- Justin Duchscherer will begin rehabbing soon and ESPN.com's Buster Olney says he could be a solid alternative to Roy Halladay, if healthy. Olney speculates that Duchscherer, who makes $3.9MM this year, would fit well on the Brewers.
- The Mets released Emil Brown from their Triple A affiliate today, according to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post.
- Many Marlins players told Tom D'Angelo of the Palm Beach Post that they're trying to ignore trade chatter and win ballgames.
- Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says the D'Backs didn't want to offer Felipe Lopez arbiration in the offseason because he might have accepted. He would have been in line for a $5-6MM salary so the Brewers chose two mediocre prospects instead of offering Lopez arbitration.
- ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick says the Cubs could have a big second half, even though they're "muddling along" now.
- George Sherrill told Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun that he wants to be in Baltimore in spite of the rumors swirling about.