A tasty handful of Monday evening links…
- Chris DeLuca of the Chicago Sun-Times gathered a quote from Cubs GM Jim Hendry on the possibility of his club making a move: "We have a pretty good team,and if our guys all play like their capable … you don’t have to do a whole lot."
- MLB.com's Corey Brock reports the Padres aren't "getting many hits" from other teams on Kevin Kouzmanoff, but believes that might change soon.
- According to MLB.com's Mark Sheldon, the Reds have signed four Venezuelan amateurs.
- Baseball America's Matt Eddy has a rundown of team-by-team minor league transactions from late June. It's interesting reading for prospect buffs.
- Will the Marlins be leaving their payroll issues behind when they move into their spanking new facility in 2012? Carl Hiaasen of the Miami Herald doesn't seem to think so. He questions whether the club will be able to fill their $634MM, 37,000-seat stadium once the luster wears off.
- Tommy Rancel of DRaysBay.com has more on Venezuelan third baseman Cesar Perez, who was signed this afternoon by Tampa Bay for $1MM.
- Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reviews the Ryan Freel trade, noting that the Royals must be labeled as "buyers" as of July 6. Of course, that could change by the time the July 31 trade deadline rolls around.
- Remember to tune in for the weekly MLBTR live chat tomorrow at 2pm CST.