- Dan Uggla, Marlins. Uggla is currently neck-and-neck with Hanley Ramirez as the best-paid Marlin, and that puts the second baseman on the trading block. Uggla's 2010 salary has yet to be determined since he's arbitration-eligible, but it'll be a raise from this year's $5.35MM. That Chris Coghlan came up as a second baseman only increases the chance of an Uggla trade. As a perennial 30-home run bat, Uggla should be good value next year even with shaky defense. Uggla might be a consideration at third base for some clubs, though he hasn't played the position since 2005 in the minors.
- Luis Castillo, Mets. A year ago the Mets seemingly wanted to unload Castillo badly. After this year's .387 OBP, the rumors quieted. Castillo is still owed $12MM over two years.
- Akinori Iwamura, Rays. Iwamura faces a $4.85MM club option with a $550K buyout. If the Rays are confident in their ability to trade him, they could exercise the option. We discussed Iwamura in-depth here.
- Kelly Johnson, Braves. We learned earlier this month that the Braves might look to trade Johnson before December's non-tender deadline. Johnson lost his starting job to Martin Prado in July and suffered a wrist injury shortly thereafter. He earned $2.825MM this year and is arbitration-eligible again. He could be a great pickup if he returns to his .800 OPS ways of 2007-08.
- Mike Fontenot, Cubs. Fontenot seems likely to fall just short of the Super Two cutoff, making it an easier decision for the Cubs to retain him. It also makes him more attractive to other clubs. Fontenot struggled with regular playing time this year after posting a .909 OPS in 284 plate appearances in '08.
- Aaron Miles, Cubs. The Cubs could potentially release Miles or eat his contract and trade him for nothing. He's coming off a .185/.224/.242 performance and is owed $2.7MM in 2010. Miles dealt with shoulder and elbow injuries this year.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks Athletics Release Joe Blanton AL East Notes: Rays, Drew, Pineda, Lester 2015 Free Agent Power Rankings MLBTR Chat Transcript Blue Jays Designate Marcus Walden, Outright Jeremy Jeffress Padres Offered Headley Three Years, $33-39MM In Offseason AL Central Notes: White Sox, Abreu, Dozier, Cabrera AL West Notes: Pujols, Elias, Mariners' Payroll, Astros Agent Says D'Backs Should Promote Archie Bradley Rays' Matt Moore To Undergo Tommy John Surgery
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors