When you prepare the turkey, don't forget to add these tidbits for flavor…
- According to Marc Carig of the Newark Star-Ledger, Yankees GM Brian Cashman will deal with his own free agents before moving to others. "I'll talk to our guys first," Cashman told Carig. "And after I have my conversation with our guys, I'll be full blown into the marketplace." For his part, Johnny Damon wants to return.
- White Sox GM Ken Williams slammed his closer, Bobby Jenks, once again for a lack of conditioning. With Jenks set to receive a raise from his 2009 salary of $5.6MM, a trade could be in the offing. Williams isn't exactly raising Jenks' value around the league, however.
- The Red Sox have finalized their coaching staff for 2010.
- Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FoxSports.com report that Matt Treanor will play winter ball with Toros del Este of the Dominican Republic in an effort to show teams he is ready for 2010.
- That deal Ken Griffey Jr. signed with the Mariners could be worth as much as $3.9MM. Seattle also added several scouts.
- NPB Tracker profiles possible MLB jumper Hisanori Takahashi.
- Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that the Pirates are looking at the catcher market.
- Marty Noble believes the Marlins wouldn't trade Josh Johnson in-division.