Some links for your Tuesday night…
- Melvin Mora wasn't the only former Oriole the Rockies were interested in this offseason. Dan O'Dowd & Co. had interest in Miguel Tejada before he signed with the Orioles, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post. The Rockies were willing to spend on Tejada, but the infielder didn't seem to like the idea of rotating between infield positions.
- The Giants have only engaged Tim Lincecum in "very insignificant" conversations about two-year deals, the pitcher's agent tells Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News. Rick Thurman expects the sides to go to a hearing.
- Even scouts aren't sure when Erik Bedard will be able to pitch, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.
- Peter Gammons tweets some advice to Adam Kennedy: call the Tigers.
- Tyler Hissey says Boston's improved defense should combine with the club's deep rotation to prevent more runs, especially if Clay Buchholz breaks out.