The Rangers and Giants are providing plenty of action on the field, but at MLBTR we love everything that goes on off the field and behind the scenes. Here's a round up of our original content from the last week...
- The official Elias rankings for the 2010-2011 offseason were released, and Ben Nicholson-Smith listed all of the Type-A and Type-B free agents.
- Tim Dierkes looked at the free agent market for designated hitters, right fielders, and center fielders, as well as the trade market for right fielders, center fielders, and left fielders. He also reviewed last year's big free agent deals.
- The Arbitration Eligibles series concluded with the Giants. Here's a list with links for all 30 teams.
- Ben tried to dig up some potential platoon partners for Domonic Brown, trade suitors for Adrian Gonzalez, as well as find some landing spots for A.J. Pierzynski.
- We broke down several non-tender candidates, including Andrew Miller of the Marlins, Mike Fontenot of the Giants, Jack Cust of the Athletics, John Maine of the Mets, and Fred Lewis of the Blue Jays.
- We also looked at the stock of soon-to-be free agents like Jon Rauch of the Twins, Frank Francisco of the Rangers, and Brian Fuentes of the Twins.
- Our series reviewing each team's amateur spending plugged along, continuing this week with the Astros, Royals, Angels, Dodgers, Brewers, Twins, Mets, Yankees, Athletics, and Phillies.
- This week's poll questions concerned David Ortiz's future and whether you prefer Ozzie Guillen or Mike Stanton.
- In honor of Sandy Alderson's hiring, Howard Megdal ranked the 11 other general managers in Mets' history.
- I rounded up the best the blogosphere had to offer in this week's Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Ben's chat transcript can be found here.
- Want to write for MLBTR? Then check out this post for info on how to apply. If you'd like to advertise with MLBTR, that info can be found here.
Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Rosenthal On Diamondbacks, Braves, Drew Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu AL Notes: Orioles, Izturis, Rangers, Bartlett Week In Review: 4/13/14 - 4/19/14 Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen West Notes: Trout, Kazmir, Padres Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Fallout From The Ike Davis Trade Yankees Designate Cesar Cabral For Assignment Minor Moves: Brian Omogrosso, Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors