- The Red Sox "have their eye on bigger fish" than David DeJesus, according to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald. Lauber's source says the Red Sox weren't a serious bidder for DeJesus this week.
- The Red Sox tried to acquire DeJesus from the Royals before the A’s swooped in and made a deal for the outfielder, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com. Back when the Red Sox tried to acquire DeJesus in July, they were willing to discuss top ten prospects with the Royals.
- Boston’s interest in DeJesus shows that they’re interested in exploring alternatives to free agency as they attempt to improve their outfield.
- Speier hears that the Mets would “certainly” entertain offers for Carlos Beltran.
- The Red Sox would have no interest in trading Daisuke Matsuzaka for Kosuke Fukudome, according to Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald (on Twitter).
- Silverman also argues that Carl Crawford, Adrian Beltre and John Buck should top Boston's list of offseason priorities. We heard yesterday that the Red Sox are eyeing Buck.