Mets Notes: Perez, Isringhausen, Castillo

Some Mets-related items…

  • Andy Martino of The New York Daily News says that GM Sandy Alderson and manager Terry Collins are scheduled to meet with Oliver Perez on Monday morning, and an announcement that the left-hander has been released could come shortly thereafter. 
  • ESPN New York's Adam Rubin passes along a press release issued by the Wilpons answering the $1 billion lawsuit filed against them in U.S. Bankruptcy Court. 
  • Perez left the Mets complex this morning and says no one has told him what's next, tweets Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal.  Costa says to expect a decision by tomorrow.
  • Pitching coach Dan Warthen says that no decision has been reached on Perez yet and he doubts that anything will happen today, Costa tweets.
  • Warthen's assessment is supported by a team official who told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that the Mets are not expected to make any roster moves today.
  • Only an injury would prevent Jason Isringhausen from breaking camp with the Mets, tweets Anthony DiComo of MLB.com.  The 38-year-old said earlier this month that he would retire before accepting a minor league assignment.
  • Second baseman Luis Castillo will almost certainly have a new job within 24 hours after he clears waivers today at 1pm EST, writes Buster Olney of ESPN.  Olney points out that it's worth remembering Castillo's history and relationship with the Marlins.  When owner Jeffrey Loria visited the Vatican in 2002, he brought back a blessed cross for Castillo. 

blog comments powered by Disqus