Here's a rundown of MLBTR's original content from the past week....
- Our Draft Prospect Q&A series rolled on as Ben Nicholson-Smith chatted with Rice third baseman Anthony Rendon.
- We looked at the arbitration records for starting pitchers and catchers.
- Eating money in trades or by releasing players is never ideal, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. Mike Axisa took a look at the teams that are paying players to play elsewhere this season.
- Did you miss out on Tim Dierkes' Wednesday chat? Well, turn that frown upside down because you can read the transcript right here.
- The Rangers, Rays, Reds, and Giants were profiled in our 2012 contract issues series this week.
- Earlier that day, Tim released his analysis of the 2013 free agent class. Here's our freshly published 2013 free agent list.
- On Friday we brought you an update on this year's Rule 5 picks. Eight of the 19 players selected in the Major League phase of last offseason's Rule 5 draft are back where they started.
- It's early in the season but Ben Nicholson-Smith updated us on the value of impending free agents.
- Check out our list of baseball's longest tenured GMs.
- Howard Megdal pointed out the shocking baseball transgressions in The Babe and investigated how teams have dealt with suddenly losing players historically.
- Dan Mennella looked at a major Trade Candidate, Francisco Rodriguez.
- David Price and Clayton Kershaw are likely going to redefine the market with their next contracts.
- We updated our list of the largest contracts in draft history.
- Here's some of the best baseball analysis from around the web in this week's edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith reflected on Ryan Howard's extension, one year later.
Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Winter Meetings Review: Day 3 NL East Notes: Mets, Marlins, Phillies, Blevins Overnight Links: Padres, Rule 5, Rockies, Iglesias Mariners Make Jesus Montero, Justin Smoak Available NL Central Notes: Cubs, Cards, Weeks, Carpenter Free Agent Rumors: Cruz, Benoit, Valverde, Giants Latest On Jeff Samardzija Matt Garza Could Sign By Weekend Fernando Rodney Seeking $10MM Per Year Doug Fister's Hidden Value To The Nationals Yankees Turned Down Gardner-For-Phillips Swap Looking At The Market For Kendrys Morales Minor Moves: Wilk, Martin, Hottovy Blue Jays Agree To Sign Tomo Ohka Braves Avoid Arbitration With Jordan Walden
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors