Earlier today, Edwin Rodriguez voluntarily stepped down as Marlins manager and bench coach Brandon Hyde was tabbed to fill in for today's game against the Rays. Here's the latest on who might take over next..
- McKeon is owner Jeffrey Loria's first choice to take over as interim manager, writes Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald.
- Marlins officials will discuss interim manager candidates internally after today's game against Tampa Bay, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. A source tells Morosi (Twitter link) that both Hyde and Jack McKeon are being considered and a decision is expected in the next 48 hours.
- A source told Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter) that the Marlins are not considering Nationals' third base coach Bo Porter. The Fish hope to put an interim skipper in place for the rest of season by tomorrow.
- Jack McKeon will definitely manage again on an interim basis if asked, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA Today. The octogenarian said that he's capable of doing it, though he'd want to talk it over with his wife first.
- Nightengale also tweets that it would be interesting if the Marlins hire someone to fill-in on an interim basis and then make another run at Ozzie Guillen.