A look back at the week that was at MLBTR:
- Nats righty Jason Marquis said he wants to stay in Washington.
- The Phillies are seeking a right-handed hitter.
- Cubs GM Jim Hendry says the North Siders will be able to spend.
- Pirates lefty Paul Maholm said he'd be open to signing an extension with the Bucs.
- Felipe Lopez cleared waivers after being DFA'd by the Rays and accepted an assignment to Triple-A Durham.
- Brian Gordon opted out of his contract with the Phillies and signed with the Yankees. The Yanks also signed Greg Smith and Corey Wade to minor league deals.
- Ronnie Belliard called it a career. Claudio Vargas hung 'em up, too.
- The Marlins signed outfielder Dewayne Wise.
- Red Sox DH David Ortiz said the team has not approached him about an extension.
- The Mariners called up top prospect Dustin Ackley.
- The Angels released lefty Scott Kazmir. Owner Arte Moreno also said he won't spend any more money in 2011.
- The Rays inked a pair of supplemental-round draft picks.
- The Phillies designated lefty reliever J.C. Romero for assignment. The Cardinals are rumored to be interested.
- The McCourts announced a divorce settlement, though the deal is contingent upon MLB's approval of a deal with FOX.
- The Rangers agreed to terms with their top two draft picks, Kevin Matthews and Zach Cone.
- Michael Cuddyer of the Twins said he'd waive his limited no-trade clause.
- Red Sox lefty Andrew Miller chose not to opt out of his deal with Boston. And we heard that some teams may have tampered with him.
- The Astros are looking to trade Brett Myers and Jeff Keppinger.
- Several players were designated for assignment: The Orioles DFA'd Jeremy Accardo. The Brewers DFA'd Danny Rey Herrera. The Marlins DFA'd Dustin Richardson and catcher Brad Davis. The Padres DFA'd Jorge Cantu and pitcher Aaron Poreda. The Pirates DFA'd Wyatt Toregas.
- The Pirates released Blaine Boyer.
- The Athletics signed Doug Mathis to a minor league deal.
- Mets shortstop Jose Reyes said he will not be changing agents.
- Cubs righty Carlos Zambrano said he'd waive his no-trade clause. The Yankees said they're not interested in him.
- The Reds and Brandon Phillips are not progressing in extension talks.
- It looks like the Yankees will be active on the trade market. They also signed draft pick Dante Bichette Jr.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks Athletics Release Joe Blanton AL East Notes: Rays, Drew, Pineda, Lester
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors