A look back at the week that was at MLBTR:
- Nats righty Jason Marquis said he wants to stay in Washington.
- The Phillies are seeking a right-handed hitter.
- Cubs GM Jim Hendry says the North Siders will be able to spend.
- Pirates lefty Paul Maholm said he'd be open to signing an extension with the Bucs.
- Felipe Lopez cleared waivers after being DFA'd by the Rays and accepted an assignment to Triple-A Durham.
- Brian Gordon opted out of his contract with the Phillies and signed with the Yankees. The Yanks also signed Greg Smith and Corey Wade to minor league deals.
- Ronnie Belliard called it a career. Claudio Vargas hung 'em up, too.
- The Marlins signed outfielder Dewayne Wise.
- Red Sox DH David Ortiz said the team has not approached him about an extension.
- The Mariners called up top prospect Dustin Ackley.
- The Angels released lefty Scott Kazmir. Owner Arte Moreno also said he won't spend any more money in 2011.
- The Rays inked a pair of supplemental-round draft picks.
- The Phillies designated lefty reliever J.C. Romero for assignment. The Cardinals are rumored to be interested.
- The McCourts announced a divorce settlement, though the deal is contingent upon MLB's approval of a deal with FOX.
- The Rangers agreed to terms with their top two draft picks, Kevin Matthews and Zach Cone.
- Michael Cuddyer of the Twins said he'd waive his limited no-trade clause.
- Red Sox lefty Andrew Miller chose not to opt out of his deal with Boston. And we heard that some teams may have tampered with him.
- The Astros are looking to trade Brett Myers and Jeff Keppinger.
- Several players were designated for assignment: The Orioles DFA'd Jeremy Accardo. The Brewers DFA'd Danny Rey Herrera. The Marlins DFA'd Dustin Richardson and catcher Brad Davis. The Padres DFA'd Jorge Cantu and pitcher Aaron Poreda. The Pirates DFA'd Wyatt Toregas.
- The Pirates released Blaine Boyer.
- The Athletics signed Doug Mathis to a minor league deal.
- Mets shortstop Jose Reyes said he will not be changing agents.
- Cubs righty Carlos Zambrano said he'd waive his no-trade clause. The Yankees said they're not interested in him.
- The Reds and Brandon Phillips are not progressing in extension talks.
- It looks like the Yankees will be active on the trade market. They also signed draft pick Dante Bichette Jr.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Kipnis, Sizemore, Mulder Ervin Santana Rumors: Tuesday NL Notes: Taveras, Stutes, Flores, Cervelli Minor Moves: Rodriguez, Stutes, Hester, Carson, Olmsted Offseason In Review: Chicago White Sox Out Of Options Players: NL East MLBTR Chat Transcript Orioles Notes: Machado, Extensions, Santana, Schoop Kris Medlen Believed To Have Ligament Damage Angels Release Mark Mulder Central Links: Diaz, Scherzer, Capuano, Indians, Coke Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors