The Angels are buyers and the Dodgers are sellers, but what are the Angels looking to acquire and who are the Dodgers willing to part with? Here are the latest rumors…
- The Indians are discussing Kuroda and Carroll with the Dodgers, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (on Twitter).
- The Brewers have had continued dialogue with the Dodgers about Jamey Carroll, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (on Twitter).
- Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports report that interest in Hiroki Kuroda is intensifying, with the Yankees at the forefront. The Red Sox, Rangers, Tigers, and Indians remain in the mix. Kuroda has not yet been presented with a formal trade offer to accept or decline.
- The odds of an Andre Ethier trade are "very slim" and the Dodgers would have to be blown away to move the outfielder, according to Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The Red Sox haven't had serious discussions with the Dodgers about a deal for Ethier, who isn't eligible for free agency until after the 2012 season.
- Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that there's little belief that Kuroda will accept a trade out of Los Angeles (Twitter link). The right-hander can block deals to any team.
- The Angels are more focused on acquiring relievers than adding third base help, according to Rosenthal (on Twitter).