A few items about some shuffling in a few Major League front offices and some potential moves in the dugout for next season...
- Brewers principal owner Mark Attanasio said the club's postseason push is holding off discussions of a contract extension with GM Doug Melvin, writes Adam McCalvy and Jordan Schelling for MLB.com. "Doug, with everything going on with the team, doesn't want any distractions," Attanasio said. "After the season, I'm sure, it's something we could talk about. Obviously, we are very happy with Doug. We have one of the three best records in baseball." Melvin's current deal with Milwaukee is up after the 2012 season.
- The Padres have extended the contracts of A.J. Hinch, Jason McLeod and Fred Uhlman Jr. through 2013, according to a team press release. McLeod and Uhlman Jr. are assistants to the general manager and team vice-presidents, while Hinch is being promoted to that same position after serving as San Diego's VP of professional scouting.
- Kenny Williams said he didn't feel a change in leadership was necessarily needed in Chicago, reports MLB.com's Scott Merkin. The White Sox GM was non-committal about his team's offseason plans and the future of manager Ozzie Guillen, though Williams also noted the team hadn't held any formal organization meetings yet.
- The Marlins will interview third base and outfield coach Joe Espada and Nationals third base coach Bo Porter on Monday about the manager's job for next season, reports MLB.com's Joe Frisaro. Both men were candidates for the job last season before the club decided to bring Edwin Rodriguez back for 2011.
- The Mets have informed front office members Wayne Krivsky and Bryan Lambe that they won't be back in 2012, reports Adam Rubin of ESPN New York. The moves were expected, as both men were hired by ex-Mets GM Omar Minaya.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Chicago White Sox | Miami Marlins | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | San Diego Padres
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks Athletics Release Joe Blanton
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors