- Francisco Cordero, Reds: $12MM club option with a $1MM buyout. The Reds may work out a new contract prior to the option decision coming up in November, but if it gets to that point this will clearly be declined.
- Brad Lidge, Phillies: $12.5MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout. Lidge has returned from a rotator cuff strain to post high strikeout and walk rates with an 89 mile per hour fastball. He'll be an interesting free agent after the option is declined.
- Joe Nathan, Twins: $12.5MM club option with a $2MM buyout. Nathan is another closer with a big-money option that will be declined, but rumor has it the Twins would like to bring him back. The 36-year-old had Tommy John surgery in March of 2010.
- Jon Rauch, Blue Jays: $3.75MM club option with a $250K buyout. Between an appendectomy and a knee injury, Rauch's season did not end well. As a likely Type B free agent an arbitration offer is possible, but I think the option will be declined.
- Rafael Soriano, Yankees: $11MM player option or a $1.5MM buyout. Soriano is not expected to opt out of his contract, as he'd be leaving huge money on the table. I suppose there is a tiny chance he'd just want a fresh start and a chance to close somewhere, but it's highly unlikely.
- Jose Valverde, Tigers: $9MM club option, no buyout. Valverde's 43-for-43 performance in save opportunities has led to a new franchise record, and it seems very likely the option is exercised.
- Octavio Dotel, Cardinals: $3.75MM club option with a $750K buyout. There is uncertainty in the Cardinals' bullpen, and Dotel has been excellent in an 18 1/3 inning sample. I think the Cardinals will exercise the option, but if not they could get a draft pick given Dotel's likely Type B status.
- Kyle Farnsworth, Rays: $3.3MM club option with a $650K buyout. He's had a strong year as the Rays closer, though his elbow has been barking lately. Though a draft pick could be had, I see the Rays exercising this option.
- Jason Frasor, White Sox: $3.75MM club option. Frasor is not necessarily needed in the White Sox bullpen. But I think someone will value him at this price and the Sox will exercise.
- Chad Qualls, Padres: $6MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout. Qualls has been useful, but this will be declined.
- Yoshinori Tateyama, Rangers: $1MM club option. At this price it's an easy decision to exercise.
- Dan Wheeler, Red Sox: $3MM club option with no buyout. I think getting Wheeler back at the same salary is fair, and the Red Sox will exercise.
- Michael Wuertz, Athletics: $3.25MM club option with a $250K buyout. Walks have been up in another season marred by injuries. This could go either way but I think the A's will decline.
- Jeremy Affeldt, Giants: $5MM club option with a $500K buyout. It sounds like the Giants will decline the option if it gets to that point, but they'd like to re-sign him.
- Damaso Marte, Yankees: $4MM club option with a $250K buyout. Marte ended up earning about $387K per inning on this contract. The option will be declined.
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast: Episode 4
- AL Central Notes: Royals, Aoki, Butler, Lovullo, Tigers
- AL West Notes: Astros, Lewis, Rangers, A’s
- D’Backs Exercise Options On Hudson, Reynolds
- Padres Decline Josh Johnson’s Option
- Orioles Exercise Options On Chen, O’Day; Decline Options On Markakis, Hundley
- Dan Haren Exercises Player Option
- White Sox To Decline Option On Felipe Paulino
- Red Sox Sign Koji Uehara To Two-Year Extension
- Cardinals Exercise John Lackey’s Option
- Brewers Exercise Yovani Gallardo’s Option
- Cubs Decline Option On Kyuji Fujikawa
- Hisashi Iwakuma’s Option Vests
- Angels Exercise Street Option, Decline Burnett Option, Return Moran To Mariners
- Nationals Exercise Denard Span’s Option; Decline LaRoche, Soriano
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors