- Francisco Cordero, Reds: $12MM club option with a $1MM buyout. The Reds may work out a new contract prior to the option decision coming up in November, but if it gets to that point this will clearly be declined.
- Brad Lidge, Phillies: $12.5MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout. Lidge has returned from a rotator cuff strain to post high strikeout and walk rates with an 89 mile per hour fastball. He'll be an interesting free agent after the option is declined.
- Joe Nathan, Twins: $12.5MM club option with a $2MM buyout. Nathan is another closer with a big-money option that will be declined, but rumor has it the Twins would like to bring him back. The 36-year-old had Tommy John surgery in March of 2010.
- Jon Rauch, Blue Jays: $3.75MM club option with a $250K buyout. Between an appendectomy and a knee injury, Rauch's season did not end well. As a likely Type B free agent an arbitration offer is possible, but I think the option will be declined.
- Rafael Soriano, Yankees: $11MM player option or a $1.5MM buyout. Soriano is not expected to opt out of his contract, as he'd be leaving huge money on the table. I suppose there is a tiny chance he'd just want a fresh start and a chance to close somewhere, but it's highly unlikely.
- Jose Valverde, Tigers: $9MM club option, no buyout. Valverde's 43-for-43 performance in save opportunities has led to a new franchise record, and it seems very likely the option is exercised.
- Octavio Dotel, Cardinals: $3.75MM club option with a $750K buyout. There is uncertainty in the Cardinals' bullpen, and Dotel has been excellent in an 18 1/3 inning sample. I think the Cardinals will exercise the option, but if not they could get a draft pick given Dotel's likely Type B status.
- Kyle Farnsworth, Rays: $3.3MM club option with a $650K buyout. He's had a strong year as the Rays closer, though his elbow has been barking lately. Though a draft pick could be had, I see the Rays exercising this option.
- Jason Frasor, White Sox: $3.75MM club option. Frasor is not necessarily needed in the White Sox bullpen. But I think someone will value him at this price and the Sox will exercise.
- Chad Qualls, Padres: $6MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout. Qualls has been useful, but this will be declined.
- Yoshinori Tateyama, Rangers: $1MM club option. At this price it's an easy decision to exercise.
- Dan Wheeler, Red Sox: $3MM club option with no buyout. I think getting Wheeler back at the same salary is fair, and the Red Sox will exercise.
- Michael Wuertz, Athletics: $3.25MM club option with a $250K buyout. Walks have been up in another season marred by injuries. This could go either way but I think the A's will decline.
- Jeremy Affeldt, Giants: $5MM club option with a $500K buyout. It sounds like the Giants will decline the option if it gets to that point, but they'd like to re-sign him.
- Damaso Marte, Yankees: $4MM club option with a $250K buyout. Marte ended up earning about $387K per inning on this contract. The option will be declined.
Trade Rumors Apps
- White Sox To Sign Adam LaRoche
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Athletics Sign Billy Butler
- White Sox Sign Zach Duke
- Marlins Sign Giancarlo Stanton To 13-Year, $325MM Extension
- Blue Jays Sign Russell Martin
- Braves, Cardinals Trade Jason Heyward For Shelby Miller
- Tigers Exercise Alex Avila's Option
- Diamondbacks Acquire Jeremy Hellickson
- Pirates Sign A.J. Burnett
- Rangers Extend Jon Daniels, Thad Levine
- Jays, Tigers Swap Gose For Travis
- Pirates Acquire Francisco Cervelli For Justin Wilson
- Tigers Re-Sign Victor Martinez
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Indians Acquire Charles Brewer
- Quick Hits: Twins, Albers, Bavasi, Scherzer
- Dodgers Acquire Mike Bolsinger, Designate Jarret Martin
- AL East Notes: Yankees Roster, Joyce, Rays Managerial Finalists
- Minor Moves: Lannan, Cisnero, Savery, Laffey, Britton, Triunfel
- Pablo Sandoval Rumors: Saturday
- Orioles To Sign Rey Navarro To Major League Deal
- NL Notes: Kemp, Padres, Tomas, Phillies
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast: Episode 7
- West Notes: Giants, Baldoquin, Hultzen
- Central Notes: Swisher, Hunter, Reds, Blanco
- Twins Win Bidding For Hyeon-jong Yang
- Week In Review: 11/15/14 – 11/21/14
- Wily Mo Pena Becomes Free Agent; Twins Interested
- Braves Release Venters, Designate Pena
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors