- Francisco Cordero, Reds: $12MM club option with a $1MM buyout. The Reds may work out a new contract prior to the option decision coming up in November, but if it gets to that point this will clearly be declined.
- Brad Lidge, Phillies: $12.5MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout. Lidge has returned from a rotator cuff strain to post high strikeout and walk rates with an 89 mile per hour fastball. He'll be an interesting free agent after the option is declined.
- Joe Nathan, Twins: $12.5MM club option with a $2MM buyout. Nathan is another closer with a big-money option that will be declined, but rumor has it the Twins would like to bring him back. The 36-year-old had Tommy John surgery in March of 2010.
- Jon Rauch, Blue Jays: $3.75MM club option with a $250K buyout. Between an appendectomy and a knee injury, Rauch's season did not end well. As a likely Type B free agent an arbitration offer is possible, but I think the option will be declined.
- Rafael Soriano, Yankees: $11MM player option or a $1.5MM buyout. Soriano is not expected to opt out of his contract, as he'd be leaving huge money on the table. I suppose there is a tiny chance he'd just want a fresh start and a chance to close somewhere, but it's highly unlikely.
- Jose Valverde, Tigers: $9MM club option, no buyout. Valverde's 43-for-43 performance in save opportunities has led to a new franchise record, and it seems very likely the option is exercised.
- Octavio Dotel, Cardinals: $3.75MM club option with a $750K buyout. There is uncertainty in the Cardinals' bullpen, and Dotel has been excellent in an 18 1/3 inning sample. I think the Cardinals will exercise the option, but if not they could get a draft pick given Dotel's likely Type B status.
- Kyle Farnsworth, Rays: $3.3MM club option with a $650K buyout. He's had a strong year as the Rays closer, though his elbow has been barking lately. Though a draft pick could be had, I see the Rays exercising this option.
- Jason Frasor, White Sox: $3.75MM club option. Frasor is not necessarily needed in the White Sox bullpen. But I think someone will value him at this price and the Sox will exercise.
- Chad Qualls, Padres: $6MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout. Qualls has been useful, but this will be declined.
- Yoshinori Tateyama, Rangers: $1MM club option. At this price it's an easy decision to exercise.
- Dan Wheeler, Red Sox: $3MM club option with no buyout. I think getting Wheeler back at the same salary is fair, and the Red Sox will exercise.
- Michael Wuertz, Athletics: $3.25MM club option with a $250K buyout. Walks have been up in another season marred by injuries. This could go either way but I think the A's will decline.
- Jeremy Affeldt, Giants: $5MM club option with a $500K buyout. It sounds like the Giants will decline the option if it gets to that point, but they'd like to re-sign him.
- Damaso Marte, Yankees: $4MM club option with a $250K buyout. Marte ended up earning about $387K per inning on this contract. The option will be declined.
Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Week In Review: 4/13/14 - 4/19/14 Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen West Notes: Trout, Kazmir, Padres Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Fallout From The Ike Davis Trade Yankees Designate Cesar Cabral For Assignment Minor Moves: Brian Omogrosso, Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Brewers Sign Jeremy Jeffress Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Rangers Designate Andy Parrino For Assignment Red Sox Designate Ryan Roberts For Assignment
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors