I'm making my first foray into another sport, as we're launching a new NBA rumors website early in 2012, in the mold of MLBTR. Luke Adams will be the site's full-time writer and editor, and we're looking to build a team of part-time contributors who will be paid hourly. The criteria:
- Knowledge of all 30 NBA teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of transaction-related concepts.
- Writing experience is necessary and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail - absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names. Ability to follow the site's style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need the best of both worlds: quick writing with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. Ability to use Twitter. Both of these are crucial.
- Strong evening availability - typically 5-11pm central time shifts. Writers covering Monday through Friday evenings will change week to week, but we'd also like people to regularly take specific weekend daytime shifts.
- At least some college education is required.
- If you're interested, email email@example.com and take a couple paragraphs to explain how you qualify and stand out. Many will likely apply, so unfortunately we cannot respond to most applications.