Two years ago today, left-hander Aroldis Chapman made his Major League debut with the Reds. The $30.25MM man topped 100 mph four times in his perfect inning of work. These days Chapman is arguably the most dominant closer in baseball, with 113 strikeouts in just 64 innings this season. Here's the latest from around the web, with a large helping of Red Sox-Dodgers blockbuster reactions…
- Both MLB Reports and Row 12 say the big trade makes sense for everyone.
- The Barnstormer and Lasorda's Lair wrote about the return of Dodger blue.
- Chad Moriyama says the trade carries significant risk for the Dodgers.
- True Blue LA wrote about the Dodgers and the luxury tax following the trade.
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness looked at what Josh Beckett could bring to the Dodgers.
- Talkin' Sox with Dan says the Red Sox can thank Adrian Gonzalez for the trade.
- MLB Injury News looked at Carl Crawford and trades involving injured players.
- Over The Monster wrote about the Red Sox and discipline following the trade.
- BoSox Injection thinks Cody Ross and David Ortiz could benefit most from the deal.
- The Giants Cove looked at the trade from the Giants' point of view.
- Yanks Go Yard says the Yankees' deadline moves have failed to make an impact.
- Wahoo's on First lists some last-minute trade destinations for Casey Kotchman.
- Rising Apple wonders if Collin McHugh or Jenrry Mejia could be trade bait this winter.
- Call to the Pen says J.J. Hardy's future is a question with Manny Machado called up.
- I-70 Baseball says the Royals shouldn't be having this much trouble contending.
- Cleveland Indians Perspective looked at some potential Indians' September call-ups.
- Seedlings to Stars wrote about Yasel Puig's hot start in the minors.
- MLB on Deck wonders why players are still getting caught for using PEDs.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.