A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Mike Axisa led MLBTR's coverage of yesterday's blockbuster nine-player trade between the Dodgers and Red Sox with a recap of the historic deal, a scouting report on the prospects obtained by Boston, and an examination of the Dodgers' future payroll obligations.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith compared and contrasted the careers of Mike Napoli and Jeff Mathis with a focus on the divergent paths they've taken in terms of their contracts.
- Ben issued the first free agent stock watch. He's bullish on Nick Swisher.
- Ben also updated the list of players who have been placed on revocable waivers.
- Mark Polishuk asked MLBTR readers how the Giants' season will unfold. Over 73% of you predict the G-Men will make the playoffs and nearly 32% of you believe they will be celebrating their second World Series title in three years.
- Speaking of the Giants, Ben assessed the early returns on the contract extensions handed out by GM Brian Sabean this past offseason.
- Mike put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Ben hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Want the latest rumors for your favorite team? Check out MLBTR's team-by-team links for Facebook, Twitter, and RSS pages and feeds.