With the trade deadline but a distant memory, let's catch up on the week that was here at MLBTR...
- The Giants acquired right fielder Hunter Pence from the Phillies for right fielder Nate Schierholtz, minor league reliever Seth Rosin and minor league catcher/first baseman Tommy Joseph.
- The Rangers acquired Ryan Dempster from the Cubs for minor league third baseman Christian Villanueva and minor league right-hander Kyle Hendricks.
- Shane Victorino has taken his talents to Chavez Ravine as the Dodgers acquired the outfielder from the Phillies for starting pitching prospect Ethan Martin and reliever Josh Lindblom.
- The Dodgers claimed Cliff Lee off of waivers from the Phillies, who didn't appear to be interested in letting the left-hander go for salary relief alone.
- The Padres agreed to sign Huston Street to a two-year extension that includes a club option for 2015. The contract between the Padres and the Hendricks Sports client will be worth $14MM and the '15 option will be valued at $7MM.
- Brandon League switched leagues this week as the Mariners traded the reliever to the Dodgers for prospects Leon Landry and Logan Bawcom.
- The Reds added a late-inning reliever by acquiring Jonathan Broxton from the Royals in exchange for Triple-A lefty Donnie Joseph and Double-A righty J.C. Sulbaran.
- The Dodgers acquired Joe Blanton from the Phillies for a player to be named later or cash considerations after claiming the right-hander on waivers.
- Left-hander Paul Maholm and outfielder Reed Johnson find themselves atop the National League Wild Card standings as the Cubs traded the duo along with cash considerations to the Braves in exchange for right-handers Jaye Chapman and Arodys Vizcaino.
- The Diamondbacks acquired third baseman Chris Johnson from the Astros for minor league outfielders Marc Krauss and Bobby Borchering.
- The Pirates acquired first baseman Gaby Sanchez and right-handed reliever Kyle Kaminska from the Marlins for outfielder Gorkys Hernandez and a competitive balance pick.
- Reliever Craig Breslow finds himself in the American League East as the Red Sox acquired the reliever from the Diamondbacks in exchange for Matt Albers and Scott Podsednik.
- The Cardinals acquired reliever Edward Mujica from the Marlins for third baseman Zack Cox.
- The Indians designated Jeremy Accardo for assignment after the right-hander posted a 4.58 ERA with 7.1 K/9 and 4.1 BB/9 in 26 appearances this season with Cleveland.
- Xavier Nady's getting another chance as the Giants agreed to a minor league contract with the veteran outfielder. The Nationals designated Nady for assignment in late July before granting him his unconditional release last Sunday.
- The Blue Jays signed Jack Cust to a minor league deal after being cut loose by the Yankees on Wednesday.
- The Orioles designated Endy Chavez for assignment after the outfielder posted a .190/.222/.281 batting line in 47 games for the Baltimore this year.
- Catcher Wil Nieves cleared waivers and rejected an assignment to the minors to become a free agent after the Rockies designated nine-year veteran for assignment.
- The Blue Jays designated Andrew Carpenter for assignment. The right-hander threw nine innings over six appearances with Toronto.
- The A's acquired right-hander Pat Neshek from the Orioles in exchange for cash.
- Right-hander Kip Wells recorded more walks (20) than strikeouts (19) this season, which may have led to the Padres' decision to designate the veteran for assignment.
- The White Sox sent minor league right-hander Chris Devenski to the Astros to complete the trade that sent Brett Myers to Chicago.
- The Nationals designated catcher Carlos Maldonado for assignment to make room for newly-acquired Kurt Suzuki.
- Johnny Damon may be in search of a new team as the Indians designated the veteran outfielder for assignment.
- The Tigers designated utility player Don Kelly for assignment despite his versatility around the diamond.
- The Yankees designated Ramiro Pena for assignment to clear roster space for Casey McGehee, who was acquired from the Pirates on Tuesday in exchange for Chad Qualls.
- Right-hander Derek Lowe may be able to make a return to pitching-starved Boston as the Indians designated the veteran for assignment.
- The Reds designated Mike Costanzo for assignment as the infielder struggled at the plate during his limited tenure in Cincinnati.
- The Rays released Hideki Matsui after the team had designated the outfielder for assignment last week.
- Infielder Mike Fontenot's in search of work after being designated for assignment and later released by the Phillies. The veteran should attract attention from other teams given his solid hitting ability.
- The Dodgers designated Bobby Abreu for assignment. Abreu joined the Dodgers after being released by the Angels earlier in the season.
- The Indians acquired first baseman/left fielder Lars Anderson from the Red Sox for Double-A starter Steven Wright.
- Catcher Yorvit Torrealba may be in search of a new home as the Rangers designated the veteran for assignment after Texas acquired Geovany Soto from the Cubs.
- The Diamondbacks designated first baseman Lyle Overbay for assignment. Overbay, 35, posted a .292/.367/.448 batting line in 110 plate appearances this year.
- The Mariners acquired outfielder Eric Thames from the Blue Jays for reliever Steve Delabar.
- The Blue Jays and Pirates swapped outfielder Travis Snider for right-hander Brad Lincoln.
Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra Dodgers Sign Dan Haren Rays Sign Jose Molina Cardinals Sign Jhonny Peralta
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Cubs Sign Wesley Wright Mariners Could Make Move To Acquire David Price AL Notes: Fister, Blue Jays, Orioles, Rays Red Sox Notes: Bradley, Drew, Napoli, Pierzynski Ellsbury Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Gardner, Choo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee Minor Moves: Pridie, Brewers, Twins NL East Notes: Lincoln, Coghlan, Morrison Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Cubs Likely To Trade Samardzija This Offseason D-Backs Looking To Trade Market For Ace, Power Bats Mariners May Have Topped Yankees' Offer To Cano Athletics Designate Andrew Werner For Assignment Tigers Designate Dixon Machado For Assignment
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors