One year ago today, the Red Sox and Braves completed their September collapses on the final day of the regular season. Boston lost to the Orioles to allow the Rays to make the postseason while Atlanta fell to the Phillies, opening the door for the Cardinals to make their World Series run. With six days to go in the 2012 regular season, there are still six of ten playoff spots up for grabs and nine total teams within two games of them. Here's the latest from around the web…
- Baseball with Matt, a baseball blog for kids, interviewed our own Ben Nicholson-Smith.
- Wahoo's on First wonders if the Indians should fire GM Chris Antonetti.
- Where Have You Gone, Andy Van Slyke? wrote about the Pirates front office.
- MLB Injury News thinks Chase Headley's durability is a reason for the Padres to extend him.
- Over The Monster says the Red Sox should give David Ortiz the multiyear deal he wants.
- Kings of Kauffman is pleased to hear that the Royals will spend on starting pitching.
- Fish Stripes says the Marlins have a tough decision to make about Josh Johnson.
- Amazin' Avenue thinks the Mets should listen to trade offers for Jonathon Niese.
- Rising Apple listed some free agent outfielders the Mets could target.
- Bless You Boys made Miguel Cabrera's MVP case.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.