As the Cardinals and Giants prepping for Game 7 on Monday, let's take a break from the action to catch up on the week that was here at MLBTR…
- The Diamondbacks acquired Heath Bell, infielder Cliff Pennington, and cash considerations from the Marlins in a three-team deal with the Athletics. Miami will receive minor league infielder Yordy Cabrera from the A's and Oakland will get outfielder Chris Young and $500K from Arizona.
- The Reds agreed to a two-year contract extension with manager Dusty Baker. Cincinnati has won the NL Central twice since Baker was hired, and its overall winning percentage for the five year period is .517.
- Arizona stayed busy all week as the Diamondbacks exercised their $6.5MM club option for J.J. Putz. Putz, 35, has pitched to a 2.48 ERA with 10.1 K/9 and 1.8 BB/9 in two years with the D'Backs while saving 77 games in 86 chances.
- The Athletics announced that Jeremy Accardo cleared outright waivers and chose to become a free agent. Accardo posted a 4.82 ERA in 37 1/3 innings with the Indians and A's in 2012, with his Oakland experience amounting to just two innings after signing with the club in August.
- The Blue Jays claimed right-hander Tyson Brummett off of waivers from the Phillies. Toronto's 40-man roster is full after claiming Brummett, Cory Wade and Scott Cousins.
- Right-hander Cory Wade found a new home this week as the Blue Jays claimed him off waivers from the Yankees. New York designated him for assignment last week. Outfielder Scott Cousins will also be joining him in Toronto after the team claimed him off waiver from the Marlins.
- The Red Sox designated outfielder Che-Hsuan Lin for assignment.The move creates room on the 40-man roster for the recently-claimed Sandy Rosario.
- The Cubs acquired minor league right-hander Marcelo Carreno and cash considerations from the Tigers to complete the August trade involving Jeff Baker.