A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week as we wind down 2012:
- Stephen Drew told reporters, including MLBTR's Zach Links, he turned down opportunities for a multi-year contract to sign a one-year deal with the Red Sox because Boston was the best fit due in part to the chance to play alongside Dustin Pedroia.
- Alex Esteban, the agent for free agent infielder Yuniesky Betancourt, told MLBTR he is currently having coversations with four teams and expects his client to sign a Major League contract shortly after the holidays.
- Mike Axisa updated the status of the seven unsigned players on MLBTR's Top 50 Free Agents list.
- Zach asked MLBTR readers which of those seven will sign next. Nearly 41% of you believe Adam LaRoche will be the first to put pen to paper.
- But will that paper be a three-year contract? More than 55% of MLBTR readers say no.
- Mike listed the remaining free agent power hitters, contact hitters, and ground ball pitchers.
- Zach did likewise with the remaining free agent bullpen strikeout artists and inning-eating starters.
- Mike asked MLBTR readers whether the Red Sox and Mike Napoli will finalize their three-year, $39MM agreement. Over 57% of you say the deal will fall through.
- Zach examined 2012's five worst offensive teams and how they have tried to improve themselves this offseason.
- Zach profiled the moves the 80-89 Win Club members who failed to make the playoffs have made this winter.
- Mark Polishuk revisited some of the major transactions that have taken place on December 28th in recent years.
- December 29th has seen its share of major transactions, as well. Zach looked back at the free agent signings of Jason Bay by the Mets and Barry Zito by the Giants.
- Zach reminisced about the Mets' acquisition of Mo Vaughn 11 years ago this week from the Angels for Kevin Appier.
- Mike hosted this week's chat.
- Mike compiled this week's edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Orioles Not Expected To Sign High-Priced Starter Nationals Notes: Left-Handed Relievers, Buck Orioles Rumors: Ibanez, Ethier, Kemp, Roberts AL West Notes: Astros, Walker, Ackley, Mariners Phillies Shopping Jonathan Papelbon Padres, Sox Have Talked Headley, Quintana In Past NL Notes: Ibanez, O'Flaherty, Cardinals, Halladay MLBTR Originals Alderson On Shortstop, First Base, Rotation, Murphy Ellsbury Contract Is A Guidepost For Shin-Soo Choo MLB, NPB Reach Agreement On Posting System NL West Notes: Uribe, Ibanez, Young, Morse, Ichiro Rakuten Golden Eagles May Not Post Masahiro Tanaka Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson New York Notes: Cashman, Santana, Pelfrey, Ibanez
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors