Here's a look back at the last (full) week of 2012..
- The Pirates sent Joel Hanrahan and infielder Brock Holt to the Red Sox in exchange for reliever Mark Melancon, first baseman/outfielder Jerry Sands, infielder Ivan De Jesus Jr., and right-hander Stolmy Pimentel. Hanrahan, 31, pitched to a 2.72 ERA with 10.1 K/9 and 5.4 BB/9 in 59 2/3 innings for Pittsburgh last season.
- Nick Swisher signed a four-year, $56MM deal with the Indians on Sunday. The slugger's contract includes a $14MM vesting option in year five if he has 550 plate appearances in 2016. That would boost the overall value to $70MM.
- The Red Sox agreed to sign Mike Napoli to a three-year, $39MM deal in the first week of December, but have yet to finalize the deal over concerns about his hip. With the agreement in limbo, another club has expressed interest in the catcher, though no offer has been extended.
- Meanwhile, the Red Sox are looking at Adam LaRoche as a Plan B. The first baseman still wants to return to the Nationals, but is frustrated that he has yet to reach an agreement with them. LaRoche wants a three-year deal but Washington and Boston say they won't go past two.
- Hideki Matsui decided to call it a career after ten years in the majors.
- The Mariners inked Raul Ibanez to a one-year deal worth $2.75MM and $1.25MM in incentives.
- Matt Diaz signed a minor league deal with the Yanks that will pay him $1.2MM if he makes the big league roster.
- The Brewers agreed to sign Mike Gonzalez to a one-year contract worth $2.25MM plus incentives.
- The Padres are talking with Brett Myers and would use him in his preferred role of starter.
- The Orioles are still talking with free agent hurler Joe Saunders.
- Five teams have reached out to Derek Lowe.
- The Marlins signed John Maine to a minor league deal.
- The Cubs signed Hisanori Takahashi to a minor league deal with an invitation to Spring Training.
- Former Giants closer Brian Wilson is generating lots of interest.
- The Mets signed Aaron Laffey to a minor league contract.
- The O's and manager Buck Showalter are close to a contract extension.
- The Rays are looking for a bat.
- Takashi Saito is returning to Japan.
- The Mets want bullpen help.
- Ugueth Urbina is out of prison and hopes to pitch again.
Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Red Sox Links: Mujica, Payroll, Drew Notes On Granderson, Beltran, Napoli Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Minor Moves: Thames, Tekotte, McDade Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Indians Notes: Albers, Carson, Antonetti Market Reset: 2013-14 Free Agent Spending To Date Orioles Notes: Free Agents, Johnson, Wolf, Feldman Phillies Shopping Jonathan Papelbon Reaction & Analysis Of Robinson Cano's Contract Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Marlins Exploring Morrison Trades; Interested In Garrett Jones Yankees Sign Kelly Johnson Scott Feldman On Signing With Astros
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors