On this date in 2009, Mariano Rivera joined Trevor Hoffman in becoming only the second pitcher to record 500 saves. Rivera, who also registered his first RBI of his 15-year career that night, reached the milestone by getting the last four outs in the Yankees' 4-2 win over the Mets at Citi Field. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- I R Fast looks at Ricky Nolasco's pitching with runners on base.
- Rays Colored Glasses sees Tampa Bay as a sleeper destination for Matt Garza.
- Phillies Nation tries to pin down what the Phillies could get for Chase Utley.
- Pinstripe Pundits sees Carlos Ruiz as a fit for the Bombers.
- i70 Baseball gives some credit to the Royals' pitching.
- MLB Reports discussed Kirk Gibson's managerial style.
- Lasorda's Lair wonders how many games it'll take to win the NL West.
- Baseball Hot Corner highlights some of the league's top rookies.
- NASORB checks out the fences at Safeco.
- WCB Sports breaks down a potential Marlins-Dodgers swap involving Nolasco.
- Replacement Level Red Sox talks situational pitching.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.