Here's a look back at transactions culled from the 280-plus posts this week at MLBTR.
- The Diamondbacks acquired 1B/OF Mark Trumbo in a three-team trade with the Angels and White Sox.
- The Mariners acquired 1B/OF Logan Morrison from the Marlins for reliever Carter Capps.
- The Rockies acquired pitcher Brett Anderson from the Athletics for Drew Pomeranz and Chris Jensen.
- The Nationals acquired reliever Jerry Blevins from the Athletics for outfielder Billy Burns.
- The Marlins acquired outfielder Brian Bogusevic from the Cubs for outfielder Justin Ruggiano.
- Roy Halladay retired.
- The Pirates signed pitcher Charlie Morton to a three-year extension.
- The Royals agreed to sign infielder Omar Infante to a four-year deal.
- The Rays agreed to re-sign infielder James Loney to a three-year deal.
- The Rockies agreed to sign pitcher Boone Logan to a three-year deal.
- The Mets signed pitcher Bartolo Colon to a two-year deal.
- The Tigers agreed to sign outfielder Rajai Davis to a two-year deal.
- The Dodgers agreed to re-sign infielder Juan Uribe to a two-year deal.
- The Twins agreed to re-sign pitcher Mike Pelfrey to a two-year deal.
- The Mariners signed 1B/OF Corey Hart to a one-year deal.
- The Cardinals agreed to sign infielder Mark Ellis to a one-year deal.
- The Tigers signed pitcher Joba Chamberlain to a one-year deal.
- The Phillies agreed to sign pitcher Roberto Hernandez to a one-year deal.
- The Pirates signed pitcher Edinson Volquez to a one-year deal, and they re-signed infielder Clint Barmes to a one-year deal.
- The Giants agreed to sign 1B/OF Mike Morse to a one-year deal.
- The White Sox signed pitcher Felipe Paulino to a one-year deal.
- The Indians signed infielders David Adams and David Cooper to big-league deals.
- The Cubs claimed pitcher Liam Hendriks off waivers from the Twins.
- The Mariners designated outfielder Travis Witherspoon for assignment.
- The Pirates designated pitcher Ryan Reid and outfielder Jerry Sands for assignment.
- The Tigers designated infielder Danny Worth and pitcher Luis Marte for assignment.
- The Red Sox designated outfielder Alex Castellanos for assignment.
- The Nationals designated outfielder Corey Brown for assignment.
- The Tigers outrighted infielder Dixon Machado.
- The Athletics outrighted pitcher Andrew Werner.
- The Astros released outfielder Eric Thames, who will play in Korea.
- Nine players were selected in the big-league portion of the Rule 5 Draft.
- The Angels acquired pitcher Brian Moran from the Blue Jays.
- The Dodgers acquired pitcher Seth Rosin from the Mets.
- The Orioles acquired catcher David Freitas from the Athletics to complete the Jim Johnson trade.
- The Padres acquired pitcher Patrick Schuster from the Astros to complete their trade of pitcher Anthony Bass.
- The Yankees acquired pitcher Kyle Haynes from the Pirates to complete the Chris Stewart trade.
- Jerry Hairston Jr. retired.
- The Twins signed outfielder Jason Kubel to a minor-league deal.
- The Diamondbacks re-signed pitcher Daniel Hudson to a minor-league deal.
- The Cubs signed infielder Ryan Roberts to a minor-league deal.
- The Mets re-signed pitcher Jeremy Hefner.
Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Poll: Did The Astros Promote George Springer At The Right Time? Quick Hits: Abreu, Thornton, Hicks Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle West Notes: Scutaro, Singleton, Martinez MLBTR Originals Quick Hits: Hardy, Gonzalez, Hanrahan, Davis, Harang Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Fasano, Matsui, Orioles Twins Claim Sam Fuld, Designate Darin Mastroianni Yankees Designate Matt Daley For Assignment Tigers Release Alex Gonzalez Quick Hits: Prospects, Pirates, Brewers NL East Notes: Mets, Braves West Notes: Padres, A's, Angels Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors