A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Charlie Wilmoth is bullish on the prospects of Russell Martin in the latest Free Agent Stock Watch. Charlie sees a three-year deal worth $12-13MM per season or a four-year contract worth slightly less per annum as the market for the Pirates catcher.
- Jeff Todd tabbed Indians right-hander Corey Kluber as an extension candidate presuming the club’s main motivation for negotiating an extension would be achieving cost control rather than extending team control.
- Steve Adams asked MLBTR readers whether Rob Manfred was the right choice to become baseball’s 10th commissioner. Just over 46% of you agree with the owners’ selection to replace the retiring Bud Selig, but more than 29% of you didn’t like any of the three finalists.
- Steve hosted this week’s live chat.
- Zach Links assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.